C h a p t e r T w e n t y T h r e e

© Amber Kalkes 2015

Song: "Graceland" By Lauren O'Connell {Paul Simon Cover}

C h a p t e r T w e n t y T h r e e >

Robin wakes up wrapped up in a Luke vine. His body is literally wrapped around her with his legs entwined with hers, his head on her stomach, one arm around her middle and the other flung behind him carelessly. His now longer hair is starting to curl just like Charlie’s making her smile. Lifting her hand she runs it threw the dark locks and likes how he holds her tighter while moaning unhappily.

Relaxing back in the mattress she finds her body to be sore in a way that makes her feel accomplished. Like after a work out in her case after a night of sex. Her smile drops into a grimace when she realizes the caveman in the bed with her ripped all her clothes. He even ripped her favorite bra in half. Which was hot at the time, she can admit that but now is really inconvenient.

Moving her gaze to the nearby window she notices its raining outside. She’s always liked rainy days. Before Luke’s reappearance, Charlie and her would go run around in the rain until they were soaked. They would then come in, take warm showers, make hot coco. Lately the routine has them also making a frozen pizza and watching the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movies. Now she wonders what they’ll do on their rainy days.

Probably the same thing, she thinks, but this time with one extra.

The sudden urge to use the bathroom hits her and she realizes how tight Luke really is holding her. Trying her best to be gentle she tries to pry his hands off him but he only constricts around her like a snake with prey. Oh for the love of…trying to push him off again he this time growls a little at her making her narrow her eyes at his head.

Done with being nice she starts smacking his arms, pulling his hair a little and pushing on his shoulders. Luke scowls but doesn’t open his eyes as he finally grumbles out a response. “Why? Why is this happening? Go to sleep.”

“I have to pee.” She huffs at him.

“No.”

Her mouth drops open and she stares at him. “No? What the hell do you mean no?”

“I mean no. I’m comfortable.”

“Yeah well you won’t be if I pee on you.”

“I don’t know about that.” He says with a sleepy grin as he removes his arms from around her body.

Smacking him upside the head she glares at him as he merely chuckles. Rolling her eyes she pulls off the blanket and shivers. She didn’t realize how warm Luke really is until this moment. Here she was practically sweating like a pig but outside the bed it’s freezing.

Well, lucky him.

She feels his eyes on her as she walks to the bathroom completely aware that she’s naked. Robin can admit she has some flaws and she isn’t as toned as she was back when Luke first saw her naked but she doesn’t care. She had a baby for shit’s sake! Sure, she has some stretchmarks and maybe she’s a little fuller in some places but she’s not embarrassed. Why would she be? She has the body of a woman whose been through some shit so why be ashamed?

Doing her business in the bathroom Robin lifts a brow at the sight of the rat’s nest on the top of her head. Black curls are literally knotted all over her head making her look like some Frankenstein’s Bride reject. She tries to get some of the locks untangles but after a few painful pulls she just lets it go. She’ll just deal with it later.