C h a p t e r E i g h t

© Amber Kalkes 2014

Song: "Clean" By Pete Yorn & Scarlett Johansson 

C h a p t e r E i g h t >

Luke watches Robin’s face as he utters the words that have been burning his tongue for nearly a week now. Her dark eyes are wide and her full lips part in what he assumes to be shock. He has to admit that if he were in her shoes he’d be a bit surprised himself. A man you spent one night with comes back after more than half a decade and blurts a love declaration at you and expects you to just fall into his arms? The man must be insane!

Either fortunately or not, Luke is very much that man.

“I know this seems very sudden.” He begins in a rush when she still isn’t speaking. “I know that I probably seem insane. First barging back into your life, then springing the werewolf thing on you and now claiming you’re the other half of my soul. It must be really overwhelming. If you want I can leave you for now and maybe when it all sinks in we can talk about it.”

“Luke.” Robin’s soft voice cuts in.

He lifts his gaze to study her face. She doesn’t seem angry or disgusted so that’s a good sign right?

“Yeah?”

“Shut your eyes.”

Luke frowns, “Why?”

“Just do it.” She commands with a small laugh.

Smiling slightly Luke does what she says but keeps all his other senses open. If she tries to make a run for it or something he knows he’ll be able to catch her if he pays attention. All of that goes right out of his head though when he feels her straddle his lap. His breathing picks up and his practically panting by the time she leans forward to place a barely there kiss on his cheek. A shiver runs down his spine when the tip of her nose moves across his rough cheek and down so she can lay another feather light kiss on his neck.

“I don’t know what I feel for you.” She says softly nuzzling his neck as she lays her head on his shoulder, “But I know I’d be foolish to throw it away.”

Luke can hear his wolf howling in his head at her words. Wrapping his arms around her waist he opens his eyes and meets her gaze as she lifts her head to look at him. Brushing some of her hair off her face he can’t help the love he feels move through him just by holding her like this. Moving his hand over her shoulder he accidently moves over some of her shirt making his eyes zero in on it.

Luke’s pupils dilate as his wolf growls in lust at the sight of their mark on their mate. Robin’s pale skin almost makes the mark stand out even more against it. It’s healed very well over the years into a shiny crescent shape on each side of her shoulder. It shows all males of his world that she belongs to him and only him. The thought itself makes his hands tighten on her waist as he fights the urge to imbed his scent deeper into hers by licking it.

“Is something wrong?” Robin asks with a small frown.

Luke shakes his head with a smile, “No. I was just admiring my work.”

Her frown only deepens as she follows his gaze to her shoulder, “Oh yeah that. Thanks a lot for that by the way. I now have to cover it whenever I’m at my dad’s. Could you imagine?”

Laughing Luke shakes his head. Robin’s smile is soft as she looks at him before lifting a hand to cup his face as her thumb runs rhythmically along his cheekbone. He closes his eyes against the sensation before opening them to see her leaning forward to lay her lips lightly against his. Sparks light off in his mind distracting him as his wolf that takes over the moment.