C h a p t e r S i x t e e n

© Amber Kalkes 2014

Song: "Hideaway" By Karen O And The Kids.

C h a p t e r S i x t e e n >

Robin crashes into a wall as she’s thrown across the room. Smashing into a picture frame on the wall it scatters glass on the carpet and on top of her. Shifting up to her knees she tries to get up but her hands land in the glass making her cry out in pain. Blood smears from her hands onto the carpet and her body aches from the beating they’ve been delivering for the past half hour.

“Look, Leo, the little bunny looks hurt.” The bald one with the yellow teeth smirks.

The one with the ponytail or Leo tilts his head, “She also looks a scared. That’s funny. She’s scared of two humans but not that freak of nature she’s been fucking.”

“Maybe we should show her what a real man is like.” The yellow teethed one says licking his lips making Robin move away from them as far as she can.

“Get away from me!” She yells.

“Not until you tell us where to find him.” Leo says, stepping over the wreckage between him and her to close the distance. “That’s how the game is played.”

Robin spits some of the blood from her mouth before answering him, “Fuck you.”

“Oh she’s got a mouth on her.” The bearded one crows with laughter. “I wonder what else she can do with it.”

“We don’t touch the whores of mutts.” Leo spits. Whether it’s at her or at his partner, Robin can’t be sure but she’s thankful for it. She’s taken out of that though when he grabs her roughly by the face as his eyes stare into hers with disgust. “Don’t look so grateful, bitch. I’m still going to show that mutt what’ll happen if he doesn’t deliver himself to us.”

“Hunters are a bit of a motley bunch, I’ll give that to you.” The bearded one says with a sigh, “But we don’t take kindly to having out fellow hunters getting ripped to pieces, especially by some shape shifting piece of shit.”

Leo’s hand lets go of her face as he tosses her to the ground again. Robin has so many words just daring to roll off tongue at the moment but she doesn’t say them. She doesn’t want to piss them off more and from the anger practically oozing out of Leo’s skin she’s not risking a longer beating. She needs to make sure she can get back to Charlie, to hug him and know that he’s okay.

That’s all she can think about at the moment.

“Joe. Knife.” Leo asks sticking his hand out behind him.

Joe reaches for an attachment on his belt and unbuttons it before pulling out a large bowie knife. He hands it to Leo before giving her a mockingly pitiful look, “Sorry, kid but a message has got to be sent and you look like the perfect piece of parchment.”

Shit.

As Leo gets closer to her Robin looks around for something, anything she can use to defend herself. From the broken frame part she grabs a side with two nails sticking out it. Looking like she’s trying to escape she moves towards it while keeping her eyes on the still approaching Leo. When he grabs her hair hard enough that feels some of it tear out she attacks.

Leo screams as she slams the nails into his forearm making him drop the knife and giving her the opportunity to grab it. Yeah, she thinks as she tests the weight of it in her hands, this is way better. Gripping his arm he glares at her as blood drips down his arms but it just makes Robin stand her ground even more. There is no way in hell she is letting this psycho anywhere near her again.