Chapter 17: Vacation (Last Day)

“Does Sehun likes me, Soo?” Out of the blue, I asked Soo as he was frying our breakfast for today— eggs and bacon.

Kyungsoo startled to what I said and slightly got burned because he unconsciously hold the handle of the pan without any pot holder in his hand. Did I say something wrong?

“Soo, are you alright?” Worried, I swiftly approached Kyungsoo and helped his hand to cool down using the water from the faucet.

“I’m okay. This is nothing.” He said, smiling widely as if it didn’t hurt a tad bit. He continue to wash his hand, helping it to cool down with the help of the cold water. “It’s just, you surprise me!” He smiled adorably once he finished washing his hand and dried it.

“Oh, sorry about that..” I replied, rubbing the nape of my neck.

“Did something happen?” Kyungsoo interrogated as he took the eggs and bacon out of the pan and into the plate. He placed it on the table and faced me.

“Well,” I paused. Kyungsoo removed his blue apron as he waited my words to escape my mouth. “I’ve been noticing his changes lately.. Aren’t you noticing his changes lately?” I asked timidly.

“Jongin and I have been noticing it but isn’t that a good thing?” He asked me back with another question. “He’s no longer as cold as before. He becomes pretty sweet around you too.” Kyungsoo smiled.

“Yeah,” I answered, looking away. “it’s making me confuse. I don’t know if he likes me or he’s just playing with me.”

“Hmm.. Well, there’s a possibility that either of the two is real,” Kyungsoo said, looking at me seriously which makes me shift my attention back to him. “but you’re forgetting something.” He paused, and I looked at him oddly. “It is that, Sehun had been alone for decades now. He’s lonely. He needs company. He needs someone to be there for him. He needs someone with him.” Soo paused shortly. “Maybe. Just maybe, he’s making you fall for him so you would forget getting back to your old life and just be with him for a longtime.” Kyungsoo explained to me.

“But Kyungsoo, you know whatever happens, I have to get my old life back. I can’t stay with him for a longtime.” I said seriously. “Even if I wanted to.”

“I’m sorry you have to deal with this now but believe me, Sehun’s confuse too.” Kyungsoo said, flashing me his reassuring smile. “He’s confuse of what he truly feels toward you and what he should feel towards you.”

I remained silent to what Kyungsoo said. That only explains that I wasn’t the only one confused in this situation. Even Sehun is.

---

The whole day passed and I don’t seem to have the courage to talk to Sehun. I feel kind’a bad because he said he wanted to spend the last day of our vacation here with me but I just can’t.

From the balcony, I saw Sehun and Jongin talking intensely about something, I guess while they chill near the seashore— Sehun’s favorite place here. I wonder, what they’re talking about?

I wonder, what Sehun truly feels towards me?