Chapter 28: The Promise

That 'Tao', as he said his name was, carry Sehun on his back as we walk side by side towards Sehun's room.

We entered his room once we reached it. That lad lay down Sehun on the floor gently. He sat beside Sehun as he eyed the broken chains and handcuffs which used to be around Sehun's hands and feet, trapping him. "He's really getting stronger." Tao whispered, but I managed to hear it.

I glanced at him then stared at the unconcious Sehun on the floor. "Is he going to be alright?" I asked Tao, but still staring at Sehun.

"Woah there." He said, catching my attention. "This guy almost killed you, yet you still care for him?" He said, standing up.

"Well, he still is Sehun."

"You could just, I don't know, thank me first for saving your ass back there." He said, taking steps closer to me.

"Well, thank you." I said.

"That's not sincere at all." He pouted.

I rolled my eyes. "I said it already. There's no way, I'm repeating it." I said. "Anyways, who are you really?"

"I told you, I'm Huang Zi Tao. I'm chinese-"

"Your demon self?" I said, eyeing him.

"Huh?" He paused and I just looked at him. "Okay. Fine. I'm a demon like Jongin and Sehun, but the only difference is I'm not like them. They're like violent-type of demons while I'm a calm-type of demon." He paused for a sec. "Demons like me are rare and I think, I'm the only one left. We used sorcery though, unlike Sehun who uses violence."

"So, can you make Sehun return to his normal state?" I asked, expecting for a good answer from him.

"I'm afraid, I can't." Tao shook his head. "The only way Sehun could return to his normal state has to involve time and space." He explained. I furrowed my brows, as if telling him that I don't understand. "It means time travelling. We must prevent all of this from happening. We must prevent you and him from meeting in the first place."

"But, we haven't met before. We only met after he saved me.. and I don't like this idea, Tao. What will happen to us, after? What if, yeah let's say, we went back in time, like nothing happens today? What will happen? What will be our aftermath?" I asked Tao, with slightly trembling lips. The fact that Sehun and I haven't met in the first place really scares me. That's only thing that's keeping me strong today is the memories we shared , yet now, it'll be gone as well?

"I don't know, Aira. That's for you to know." Tao said, as he placed his hand on my shoulder. "So, are you up for it? We'll go back in time when Sehun saved you from your death in the first place. In that case, both of you will be alright like nothing happens, literally."

"I'm afraid, Tao." I paused, looking at the ground. "I'm afraid I might lose Sehun."

He placed his finger on my chin, lifting my head up with same level of his. "That's the risk you have to take, Aira. I'm sorry." He looked at me apologeticly.

---------------

The night came, and I can't seem to sleep. I'm still afraid that Sehun might come inside my room again and tried to kill me again.

It's been a day, and Jongin didn't even go here in the house. Maybe, he already knew that this Tao would arrive today to keep me company.

I sat up from my bed and looked through the window for some night view. What am I going to do? Should I agree to Tao's offer? Does his idea better than the idea I had before? Should I trust him? I sighed.

"Still up?" I turned around to see the person talking, and I saw Tao leaning his back on my bedroom door.

"Uh, what are doing there? You should keep on eye on Sehun." I told him.

"He's still unconcious. The spell will run out tomorrow morning." Tao informed me, as he walked towards me. "So, have you thought about it?" He sat on the foot of my bed.

"Can you give me a day to decide? I'm just really afraid. I don't know what would happen if we didn't meet. Will things turn out differently?"

"Yes. Everything will turn out differently, Aira. But, trust me. Everything will be okay. I won't put you in harm. I'm here to protect you, remember?" He said, smiling at me. "You and Sehun will be alright."

"Can you really promise me that? As long as Sehun will be alright, I'm good with anything. Just promise me, you'll protect him too, okay?" I said. "I love him so much and the thought of losing him is what I'm afraid of, Tao." I added, almost tearing up.

"Sehun's really lucky to have you." Tao said. "You are one strong and brave girl, Aira. Every guy would have fallen for a girl like you." He smiled, smiling again.

"Thanks." I said. I don't know why, but it's great to have Tao here.

He's really comfortable to be with. Somehow, he's filling up the empty spaces in me-just like how I needed it. Maybe, having him here isn't that bad after all.

I just hope he'll fulfill his promise, that he'll protect me and Sehun too.

••••••••••••••••••••••••

Sh*t. Late and lame update. I'm sorry. Really, really sorry. Hope you'll forgive me. :'(

I'm disappointed about my update too but like how I promised to @fxckmegeon, I updated but sorry that it's not as good to what you guys expected. Owwww.