Century Beast Chapter Four- Whats-His-Faces' Face

I had to be taken back to the hospital for a check-up. The boy was very kind as to take me to the hospital for the check-up. I was practically in bed for the entire day yesterday and he wouldn’t let me do anything myself.

He wouldn’t let me cook, he wouldn’t let me clean, he wouldn’t let me even get up to walk somewhere by myself. But I liked his company, very much.

The nurses got me immediately after I checked in and took me into a room. They gave me the familiar paper garment to put on and the boy left me to change but as soon as I finished he was back in the room assisting me to the bed. I sat on the edge and he sat in the chair beside the bed.

The doctor came in and smiled at me.

“How’ve you been?” he asked.

“Fine, I’ve been waited on hand and foot.” I huffed rolling my eyes.

“Well that’s good. More rest, faster healing.” He smiled. He started the check up and released me after asking a few questions and concluding that I was fine.

We got up to leave and as I made my way out the door, I was knocked back by nurses hustling by with a hospital bed.

I fell back and hit my head and my wrist. The boy picked me up and set me on the hospital bed.

The doctor checked my head and my eyes and had me lay in the bed. He gave me an ice pack to put my head down on. The boy held my hand.

“My wrist.” I groaned.

The doctor checked it and iced it too.

“There nothing wrong with your wrist, just a bump. I want you to rest, though.”  The doctor instructed. I nodded slightly and he left to get some nurses to keep an eye on me for a few.

The boy kept watched me with sad eyes. I touched his face feeling the same uselessness and sadness. He was so handsome and mysterious. I don’t know anything about him and yet he is staying in my home and my parents don’t know. No one does.

I am sure that curiosity was plain on my face but then there was a knock on the door.

It was Daniel. He had flowers in his hands and a teddy bear.

“I am so sorry about all of this. I heard you got out and I wanted to come to visit but I didn’t know where your house was and when I got word that you were here, I came.” He apologized.

“It isn’t anyone’s fault that I fainted. I was working myself too hard and I couldn’t take it anymore. I mean Sarah comments didn’t help but it wasn’t her fault.” I assured.

“It doesn’t really matter, though, if it was her fault or not she was saying such rude, untruthful things. She was jealous that there are people better than her and she took it as a threat and she struck out. She was being rude. She’s sorry though.”

“Then why isn’t she here, instead of you.” I retorted.

“She’s t stubborn to actually admit it to someone. “

I rolled my eyes and he came over setting down the bear and flowers.

“Why are you in the bed? What happened?” He asked earnestly worried.

“I was taken off-guard and I hurt myself again.”

He chuckled and then Sarah was at the door. She glared and then her face softened when she realized the condition I was in. She bowed her head and left.

“Well that is my queue. I have to go. Get better.” He smiled.  He looked me in the eyes for far too long and then began to lean down. He was inches from my lips and as I moved my face to the side and a bone shuddering growl erupted as his lips touched my cheek.

I saw the boy and his face flashed from an angry human, lip curled, teeth exposed, eyes dark and menacing, to an inhuman face, eyes glowing, teeth sharpening, face darkening and I saw the flash of a beastly monster.

He was too much of a stranger.

I either needed answers or needed to get away from him before it maybe too late.