Century Beast Chapter Twelve- Paraside

The next couple of days were paradise but I was still racked with fear for everyone at home. Most of the time I was asleep cuddled up with Hunter. It was concluded that I was scared out of my wits and it took a lot out of me.

I woke up curled up into Hunters side. His arms were wrapped around me and his face was pressed against the top of my head.

I looked up at him.

“Are you gonna go back to sleep?” he asked in a whisper.

I shook my head, “No, I’ve had enough rest, thank you.”

“Good, because I want to show you something.” He smiled.

“And what’s that?”

“You’ll have to wait and see. Get ready.”

He got up, kissed my head and left me to change. I quickly got up and went into the closet. I found some jean shorts and a nice, loose blouse and ran out to find Hunter making breakfast in the kitchen.

“What’s for breakfast?” I asked as I leaned over the counter in front of him.

“Well,” he said leaning over to me and kissing me, “I’d like you for breakfast,” he smirked and began kissing down my neck, “but I’m not sure I could spend the rest of the millennia in this house.”

I gasped as he bit the base of my neck.

He pulled away just then, “Pancakes.” He set a plate of pancakes in front of me, smiled and sat down in one of the stools beside me.  I sat down with him and ate my pancakes.

We finished the pancakes and soon he took me outside and we went down to the beach. We walked along the rolling waves until we were blocked by and forest and a wall of boulders.

“Jump on my back.” He ordered, crouching so I could jump on easier, since he was so tall. I jumped on wrapping my legs around his waist. He straightened up and hooked his hands behind my knees supporting me up.

I rested my head on his shoulder as he bolted into the forest at an inhuman speed. We weren’t on the run for long, soon we arrived to the most beautiful place I have ever seen.

A waterfall was cascading down a cliff-side of rocks into a large pool that was the most beautiful shade of blue. The white sand contrasted with the water and made it look majestic.

I could hear the sounds of the parrots in the canopy of the trees.

I slid off of Hunters back and took his hand. He led me over to a latter that was built into the tree and put me in front of him holding my waist so I could climb up safely. I poked my head into the canopy I gasp at the amazing colors of the flock of parrots. I pulled myself all the way up and sat on the woven branches.

Hunter pulled himself in and sat next to me. The birds panicked a little before calming down. They perched themselves in different places and settled. One green, red, blue and yellow parrot hovered around the canopy before landing on my head. 

I shrugged my shoulders up and ducked my head low a little nervous of the fact that where was a large wild bird on my head.

Hunter chuckled and reached over to it and retracted his hand to see that the bird was now comfortably perched on his arm. He held it out to me and I pet its head and smiled brightly. Hunter took my hand in his free one and held it under the belly of the parrot. It climbed on and then began to climb up my arm. It settled on my shoulder and picked at my curls. I giggled and it cawed. Another bird came and settled on my arm next to the other one. They both sang together and others joined in the chorus as they all began to flock on me.