Century Beast Chapter Nine- The Soulmates Meet The Bad Guy

We left since Flower needed us out of the house to clean the house since some of her family were coming down to see the recital. We decided to walk to the theater.

We strolled through the park, silently, just looking around us, looking at the pretty white scenery, the kids playing in the snow, an old couple amble happily through the park as if not a day had gone by since their wedding day.

I tilted my head and smiled a little as I saw them wrap their arms around each other and share a little tender, loving peck then continue down the sidewalk with happy smiles.

I want that, I thought to myself. 

To be happily in love and have someone who you know will only be a step away. To know that when you come home isn’t a time for being in an empty cold house but in a place where you can just be wrapped in your lovers arms, someone to grow old with.

I stopped as two newly- weds in their wedding attire posed for a picture. The dark-haired bride stood in her magnificent ball gown in front of her new husband, who wrapped his arms around her and they beamed. There are no words to describe their smiles. ‘Happiest day of their lives’ wouldn’t cut it. ‘Like they never would see tomorrow’ wouldn’t be it because they didn’t have a care in the world for tomorrow. They just beamed as if they just got married. A wedding smile is all I could think of that would be appropriate.

When I watched them continue past us was when I remember Hunter beside me. He was looking down at me, a hint of sadness in his eyes.

It then occurred to me he probably hear my thoughts. I looked down embarrassed and we continued on. 

I felt Hunter nudge me and I looked up. I realized he had a snowball in his hand.

“You wouldn’t.” I said backing away. He only grinned and I took the opportunity to run. He ran after me and it hit me in the neck and went down my neck. I stopped and screeched at the coldness of it. Once it melted, I punched Hunters arm and yelled at him. But once I was done, I could help but look at him and laugh.  I pushed him hard into the tall snow. He grabbed me as he fell back and I landed on top of him, both of us laughing hysterically.

Once I recovered, I looked down at him. He was looking up at me with a glint in his eyes and a soft smile on his lips. I smiled back and then I was drawn in.

His lips were tender against mine. I tangled my hand through his harm and caressed his cheek with the other hand. He held me and pressed his lips to mine a little more urgently. I pulled away to breath but began to kiss his lips over and over.

I finally freed his lips from my attack and saw his surprised expression.

I shouldn’t have done that.

I got off of him and he got up too. I touched my lips and looked around, unsure of what to do. I opened my mouth to say something but then closed in and just started to walk towards the theater that was just across the street.

By the time I crossed the busy street I could only hear Hunters calls as a whisper but I was too embarrassed to turn around and face him. I walked up to the entrance of the theater and realized Hunter was hot on my heels.

I got inside and hurried to the dressing room. I realized I was the only one here but judging by the time I wasn’t too early. I strode to the changing room and closed the door quickly before Hunter could come in.

I paused at the door, leaning my head against it letting the first tears fall. I went and changed and sat in my chair in the middle of the room.

I didn’t realized how much time had passed until Flower came in and helped me calm down. She curled my hair, weaving little white flowers and clipping diamonds into my hair and did my make-up.

Once she was done she walked out to get ready since she was a constant roll in the show. I heard the clapping and the music and the hustling of feet and finally Mrs. Jane came in telling me I had five minutes until I was on.

Suddenly Hunter was in front of me, putting on my point shoes. He tied the ribbons up my calves. Once he finished he didn’t let go of my leg. He trailed his finger slowly and softly up my calf, causing me to close my eyes and shiver. Suddenly his lips trailed up my leg, then took my hand kissing up my arm and then up my neck and under my ear. He looked me in the eyes before kissing my lips.

 I kissed him back and when Mrs. Jane came in to call me out he picked me up and carried me to the entrance of the stage.

“If you didn’t run, you would have already know that I love you too.” He smiled speaking out loud.

I was astonished. I was pushed away from him before I could question him. We got in our positions behind the curtain and when they drew back the curtains I dance was all the passion, joy, love and grace I had.

By the end of the routine and the curtains began to close for the next routine, the audience was a standing in ovation. I could just make out Hunter in the front row as I squinted through the stage lights.

I walked off stage with the rest of the dancers. Suddenly, in a blink of an eye Hunter was in front of me, hands on my waist, bracing me.

Me and Flower looked through the gap between the curtain and the wall and suddenly I spotted someone coming into the theater. He turned his head in my direction and then looked straight at me even though I was completely consumed by the wall and the curtain.

Those eyes, were the possessing eyes in the woods all those nights ago.