CHAPTER 9: Are You Jealous?

"Thanks for the lunch", I told Isaac and he nodded before we parted our ways and went to our respective office.
Settling down, I called Josh in.
I was calm by now, I didn't want to talk to him on that subject anymore. I am supposed to focus on my job rather on other subjects.

"Ask Mr. Devan for the sales report", I instructed Josh as soon as he came inside my office while I focused my attention on my laptop screen.

He had a sad look on his face, he knew that I was not happy with what he did but when I didn't say anything to him and just asked him to get me a file, his mouth opened and closed in surprise.

"And get a meeting fixed with Mr. King for tomorrow after clarifying it with Isaac and..."
I looked up at him and his expression was blank so, I stopped in between.

"Did I say something wrong?", I questioned him.

"N-no, of...of course not."

"That's it. You can leave."

"You don't want to say anything else?"
Maybe I was not as calm as I thought because the moment he said that, I lost my cool.

"What else should I say? That how you went against my orders and instead of sending them away you were having lunch with them?! You were supposed to support me, you are my friend."

"Let me get this clear", he stated, "you are my friend and I will support you but only when you are right. If you are doing something wrong then I am not going to support you at any cost."

"You think I am doing wrong?"

He paused for a second and then spoke, "Yes."

"Please elaborate."

He became silent, there was pin drop silence except for my heavy breathing due to shouting.

"I gave them a date. They are supposed to wait till that date and if I don't meet them then, then they might come bang my office door, I don't care. But when I have given them a specific date then they need to stick to it", I spoke as calmly as possible.

He turned his head sideways pressing his lips in a thin line, and pushed his spectacles up his nose.

"Will you say something?!", I shouted.

"There is nothing to say. I will fix the meeting for tomorrow", he said before turning towards the door.

"What did you talk to them about?", my question made him stop.

"Nothing that will destroy your company", he then proceeded to open the door but I was not done yet.

"Joshia! What did you talk about?!", I demanded standing up.

"I said nothing!", for the first time he yelled back and that surprised me.
He realised it and composed himself immediately and then spoke in a much softer tone, "Nothing...just about our friendship. And about your well being. That's it."

"Woah, woah! What's all this chaos about?", out of no where, Nyle came.

Sighing deeply, I sat back in my chair while Nyle walked in further and sat on the chair opposite to me.

"I didn't mean to intrude but I knocked the door twice and no one answered it and then I heard you shouting so, I decided to intervene before you kill anyone. Sorry", he explained.

"It ok", I said leaning back in my chair.

Josh who was silent, once again decided to leave the office but yet again he was stopped, not by me but Nyle.

"Hey, Joshia. You guys had a fight?", Nyle looked at him and then at me but I just turned my attention to my laptop.

Josh once again was about to leave the office but Nyle got up and grabbed his arm and dragged him inside.