Brave New World - Part 2

Archie fed Vegas a slice of bacon as some of the Serpents crowded the kitchen, the others spread across the downstairs and backyard.

"Alright, two dots and a dash. Two chicks on a raft. Here, Jug," Fred handed out plates. "And there's a stack of Vermont hot. Oh yeah, I worked at Pop's for a summer," he said as Archie smiled at him. "Come on." Jughead, Aminity, and Archie laughed as they continued to bustle around the kitchen, Jughead and Archie delivering as Aminity cooked.

"What's going on here?" FP asked as he walked in. "You two do all this?" he looked at his kids.

"With an assist from Archie."

"And a grocery store run by Mr. Andrews," Aminity added.

"Toledo's gonna have to wait."

"We have people who need us here, Dad. We're not going to leave them."

A small smile spread across his lips. "Maybe so. Bulldogs helping Serpents, Freddy Andrews opening his house to a bunch of snakes. There goes the rest of your Northside vote, buddy."

Fred smiled as he passed by, taking some of the food from Aminity. "We're all neighbors here. Alright, bacon!" he called as he carried another plate out.

"Hey, thank you," Jughead placed a hand on Archie's shoulder. "You came through for us."

Archie glanced around. "I'm not done yet. How many of these Serpent jackets do you think we can borrow?" Archie explained his plan and they smiled.

"I think we can borrow as many as we need," Aminity smiled.

"I'll start collecting," Jug smirked as he left and Sweet Pea walked in, leaning on the counter beside Aminity.

"You just gonna stare at me?" she asked after a few minutes.

"Just thinking."

"About how I was right?" she smirked as she dished some more plates, handing them to Fred as he passed.

He rolled his eyes. "I don't know what you're talking about."

"I'm talking about how not all Northsiders are bad. I mean, look at what's happening here."

"Whatever, Princess," he said, but she knew that he knew it too. "I didn't know you could cook," he shifted the conversation.

"You didn't know I could play pool either and look how that turned out." He let out a chuckle as she smiled. "Wanna help?"

"Sure."

***

They all stood outside the principal's office, everyone in a Serpent jacket.

Weatherbee's eyes widened as he walked out. "What's the meaning of this?" he demanded.

"It's a show of support, sir," Archie spoke up, "for the Southsiders who are being wrongly transferred out of our school. Everyone's ready to walk out, Principal Weatherbee."

"Any student who walks out better keep walking because they'll be expelled."

"You're a good man, Principal Weatherbee. You're not the kind of person who discriminates," Archie continued. "And if you are, then expel me. Because I don't want to be a part of that."

He looked at them for a minute. "Everyone, get to class," he finally said before walking back in his office. They all smiled at each other.

"See?" Aminity whispered to Sweet Pea.

"I guess all Northsiders aren't that bad," he admitted and she smiled. They all split up as they started walking back to class.

"Jughead, Aminity, come here," Veronica whispered as she grabbed their arms and pulled them into the lounge. "I have insider information that my father is making a play to buy the Whyte Wyrm."