Silent Night, Deadly Night

Jughead and Aminity sat in a booth at Pop's as he wrote on his laptop and she read her second book of the week.

"What do you say, Pop?" Archie asked as he and his dad carried in a Christmas tree. "Is it okay?"

"The best tree yet. Thanks, Archie. Thanks, Fred."

"Oh, no. Thank you, Pop, for letting us set up shop right in front of your diner," Fred said of the Christmas tree market outside the diner. Archie looked over and made eye contact with Jughead, coming to sit down next to Aminity as Jughead closed his laptop.

"You guys gonna stay in town for break?" Jughead broke the silence.

"Yeah. We were gonna visit my mom, but she booked a single's cruise so..."

"Sorry, Arch."

"It's okay, Aminity. Now I can see you guys during break."

"How are you and Veronica?" Jughead brought up.

"We've been better."

"If it's any consolation, Betty and I haven't been in the greatest place either."

"Jughead, Aminity, you want a Christmas tree? You guys and your dad? On the house," Fred offered.

"It would have to be a small one, Mr. A."

"They don't exactly fit well in trailers," Aminity laughed. Fred nodded and walked outside.

"So, I'll see you at Kevin's Secret Santa thing?" Archie asked.

"Yeah," Jughead sighed as he opened his laptop again, "because that sounds like a great idea." They all chuckled.

***

"I was thinking about our Penny problem," Jughead said as he and Aminity sat at the table eating.

"My problem, not ours," FP told him as he tied his shoe.

"Well, I am the one she has on camera delivering drugs."

"How I deal with Peabody is not your concern. I'm handling it," he told them, looking outside as he heard bikes.

"By pimping the Serpents out as drug runners?"

"Boy!" he scorned before opening the door. "Toss 'em in the corner," he ordered.

"Hey, what's in the bags, Tall Boy?" Jughead asked.

"Hey, what did I just say? Mind your damn business. Get to school." Jughead sighed, picking up his backpack and walking out the door.

"Bye, Dad," Aminity gave him a quick hug before following her brother.

***

"Veronica, it's your turn," Kevin said, sitting down on the couch next to her.

She picked up an envelope off the table that was filled with gifts. "Oh. A gift certificate for a couple's massage. Thanks, Josie."

"You can go with Betty or your mom..." Josie tried, noticing the tension between her and Archie.

"Or I can go with your mom, if you want," Reggie teased.

"Dear God, can we please get this torture over with?" Cheryl pleaded.

"Betty, you're next, then Aminity is mercifully last," Kevin said with his Santa hat on, regretting his idea.

"Well, I think I know who picked my name based on these wrapping skills," she chuckled, glancing at Archie before opening it. "Archie," she said sweetly.