Mother of Pearl

Ariyah-

These past couple days have flown by. I'm starting to settle down, in this not so strange place. Classes start in a few days and I'm actually kinda glad. I miss my family back home dearly. A day on the beach with crew is the perfect remedy. Thankfully, Ms. Scarlett found a portal linked to the human realm that allows me to call them per say. They were just as shocked as I was. They promised as long as I stay in touch they'd keep this realm a secret. Today I finally get to meet Nadiyah. I'm very intrigued to find out why they barely talk about her around me. Although, a day on the beach with crew is the perfect remedy.

We were all batting the volley ball back and forth when I heard Bella start screaming, hey, across the beach. Everyone continued to play like she hadn't even made I sound. I couldn't help but to be nosy, so I spun around to see who she was hollering at. A few hundred yards away I could see two girls and guy making their way over here. Bella starting chanting and wavy faster telling them to come over to her. She then proceeds to scream party time and shimmies her way over to, who I could now make out to be Angie. Angie waves to everyone but runs over to Bella to catch up. They linked arms and ran over to Mason to chat, giggling the entire way.

The other two that were approaching stopped to chat amongst themselves before joining the group. I didn't think much of it, other than them being some more of this massive family that I hadn't met yet. Laura tried hollering over the commotion, but I couldn't hear what she was saying, that's when Imani let out an earsplitting whistle. 'Attention, please!' she shrieked. Everyone went noiseless, then looked at her in confusion. 'I present to you, the loser of the bet!'

We all looked around, I knew she was referring to Zeke. It was inevitable for him to win lose this challenge. Honestly, I had forgotten about it, since a few days had passed by. I heard Axel lean over to Cason behind me asking if he knew what the girls had in store for Zeke. Cason shrugged his shoulders and Mason said he didn't have a clue either. I'm, personally, going to enjoy this. Out from behind one of the cabanas, popped Zeke and boy did he look ridiculous.

'Come on over here! You lost fair and square!' Imani chanted with a few fist pumps. We could hear him asking if he had to do it in front of the entire group. His voice sounded almost pitiful. Imani skipped over to him and gave him a few gentle shoves to get him moving. Shannon popped out from behind the cabana next and jogged to catch up. She didn't hesitate to give him a final shove, that made him faceplant, after he stepped in a dip. He crawled a few paces then got back up and stood, shamefully, in front of the group. Shannon, sarcastically, told him that he was a good boy, which resulted in him rolling his eyes.

Shannon stood beside him, glanced at him telling him he was a good boy, as if he was her pet. I died a little from laughter inside. He glared at her then glared at Imani, telling them that they were on his shit list until further notice. Everyone buckled in laughter, some bending all the way over teetering to stand and some letting out gut wrenching squeals from laugh so hard. Shannon winks at him before mention that she hope he had learned his lesson on prank us nonstop.

All he gave was a shoulder shrug and went back to staring down at the dress he was wearing. They had him dressed in a green plaid, pleated skirt with a pale yellow buttoned up shirt. Right front and center in the middle was the biggest matching bow I'd ever seen. To top it off he had on platform style boots. They really did a number on him and I am loving every bit of it. When he finally looks up and makes eye contact with one of the guys, I noticed the fire engine red shade on his lips, countered with some rose powdered cheeks.

Nobody had noticed that the two that were coming on the outskirts of the group early had snuck up behind Zeke. Echoing over the crowd, I hear, 'OMG, what in the h*ll have I missed?' Looking around Zeke the best I could, I had to blink. Rubbing my eyes wasn't even doing the trick. I don't think she had noticed me yet, but I most definitely noticed her. My mouth dropped to the ground and the shock took over. "Oh, son of a biscuit eater, mother of pearl, what in the actual fuck?" Her face, it was like a mirror had been dropped out of nowhere and I was staring right back at myself. All kinds of things started going off in my mind, like no fucking way is this possible