A Place To Sleep

Ariyah-

This house is absolutely stunning, the handcraft in the details is so eye catching. If I need to maneuver around this place on my own I'm afraid I'd get lost. We meander through three rooms before we stumble into the kitchen. Just on the other side of the room I seen Carter, whom I had met earlier, and another guy. Carter is listening to whatever the other guy is telling him as he dunks multiple cookies at a time into his cup before shoving them in his mouth.

Shannon looked at him disgusted before telling me, this is what she has to deal with on a daily basis. Her friends range from ass hat to junk food junkies. I chuckled, but was jealous since I was never able to experience true friendships like the obvious ones here. Shannon cleared her throat and the the two guys looked our direction. We met in the middle at the kitchen island, before Carter waved and mumbled 'Hi' with a mouth full still.

She looked past them to the far room, I guess looking for someone specific. The other guy winked at her, flirtatiously, then she asked if anyone else was home. Carter shook is head no, swallowed and replied, 'No, other than Imani and Zeke who we thought came in with you too.' I nodded in agreeance cause technically we did get here at the same time, although the entered a few minutes before us. I could tell Shannon was bothered a bit, so I asked her what was wrong. 'There was someone else that I wanted you to meet, but I guess it'll have to wait.'

She couldn't shake the need to know, 'Has any one seen Nadiyah, lately?' Now, I'm intrigued, there's not many names out there at are similar to mine. Growing up, I, actually, never met anyone or heard of anyone else that shared the same name as me. My parents always said it's what makes me stand out, makes me unique. Carter shrugged his shoulder than said no. The other guy told Shannon that the girl has been in one of her moods again. Also. adding in that Angie mentioned them getting away at the beach house for a bit.

The room fell silent, I noticed that the one guy was staring at Shannon in an odd manner. Curiosity getting the best of me, I asked the who the girl was she inquiring about. She kept her answer short, by explaining that she was just another friend of theirs and that I'd soon realize the large size of their friends circle. "Well that answers that I guess, but why exactly is the guy staring at you like you're a main course meal?"

The entire kitchen fell silent and every looked at each other awkwardly. The twenty second pause seemed like ages, before the all started laughing, hysterically. The unknown guy winked at Shannon then she pointed at him saying, 'that handsome man over there is my mate.' Carter looked at Shannon, while nodding in my direction to push her attention towards me. My jaw felt like it hit the floor. I had heard the term before, but once again, only in stories. She confirmed that it meant he was her destined partner for life and that they could feel what each other felt. I explained that I understood what it meant for the most part, but I'm still coping with how each new thing popping up is a complete shock of reality.

Trying to ease the tension, her mate speaks up. 'I'm Cason, nice to meet' you! My brain is going a million miles a minute, so I just, awkwardly, wave and introduce myself too. "Hey, I'm Ariyah. I don't mean to be rude but do you mind if I run off to have a shower? I feel kind of gross after being tossed around through portals today." Looking, shyly, at the floor I waited for the approval. It is their home after all. Shannon nodded and ushered me down the hall.

Once we passed all the doors, it started sinking in that a lot of people do live here. We came up on one that was cracked open just a tad. She must have sensed my curiosity and warned me not to look inside. That one belonged to Zeke, and he's not the tidiest person around. We both giggled and finally stopped at a wooden door with silver accents all over it, including the handle. Hanging on the door, was a sign that read welcome guest it a pretty cursive font.