Unknown Places

Third Person-

Somewhere in an unknown world lives an entirely different verity of people. Meeting up at an ice cream shop were two friends leaning up against the brick wall patiently waiting for the third to make the trio complete. Nadiyah, a down to earth girl. Everyone loves her. In school she was always the mediator amongst all of her friends. Her parents passed away when she was baby. She was raised by her aunt, Shannon's mom. Although she had no parents growing up, that did not discourage her from being very bubbly. Which leads us to Shannon, now she is the loud goofy one. She has absolutely no filter and tends to speak before she thinks. Since Nadiyah and Shannon were raised together, they were always glued to each other's sides . With them you'll always find Imani. The trio is inseparable. Every since Nadiyah turned eighteen, she's been a little more isolated from the girls. So times like these Imani and Shannon really cherish because they never know when they'll all three get together again. Especially, with college right around the corner.

Imani kept checking her watch and look over at Nadiyah. Irritated, she asked Nadiyah to try to get a confirmation. "I thought Shannon was supposed to meet us here?" Nadiyah just shook her head, cause they both know this is pretty normal for their friend. "She was but, we all know she would be late to her own funeral." Imani giggled to her self agreeing, "Nad, I couldn't have said it any better."

At this point both of them are buckling over laugh and holding their bellies to try to keep their balance from toppling over. Out of the corner of their eyes, they notice Shannon making her way up the sidewalk towards them. By the time she arrived she was out of breath. "I'm here, I'm here." She just kept chanting between breaths. Taking in the realization what she overheard while approaching the girls, "Glad to see I was missed."

Nadiyah, gave her a sarcastic nod. "We've only been standing here for ten minutes, patiently, waiting to eat ice cream." Imani crossed her arms and mumbled under her breath, just loud enough for the other two to hear. "We should have just ordered without her." Disgusted, Shannon just glanced back and forth between them, "Why would you do such a horrid thing?" "You snooze, you lose! Next time don't make us wait so long." At this point Nadiyah was enjoying terrorizing her.

They continued to go back and forth, back and forth until finally Shannon had enough. She just looked at them and asked if they were and done yet. Both snapping out of there laughing trance, looked at her, one said yes and the other said no but after a few more minutes Shannon gave up and headed for the door. It didn't take the other two long to follow suit. Few moments passed as they stared at the menu then the server finally came over to take their order. Nadiyah kept it simple with just a classic, two scoops of chocolate ice cream in a waffle cone. Imani did the same thing, except with cookie dough ice cream. Then we have Shannon, once again being complicated. She started off just asking for a banana split with chocolate ice cream instead of vanilla, but it didn't stop there. She followed with a "hold the coconut and wet nuts then add strawberries." After some sarcastic remarks from Imani, Nadiyah apologized for their friend being so complicated.

After about twenty minutes, the girls place their trash in the bin and headed back outside. Dabbing back into some small talk, Nadiyah asked the other two if they had found a place near campus yet. Shannon, was very picky about where they were going to stay, which caused them to still be on the hunt. She has a very clever point though, she expressed to the other two that it was going to be their home for the next four years, so it needed to be as close to perfect as possible. Checking her phone to see if she'd received any messages from two of their other friends, Shannon asked the girls if they had any other plans for the rest of the day. In a few hours she was meeting up with Laura and Bella to watch a movie. Both, Imani and Nadiyah said their schedules were clear and agreed to go. Shannon called to confirm that the plans were still on and gave the girls a reassuring nod, then all three headed down the side walk to go kill some time.