𝟬𝟬𝟴

TELL ME, WHAT DOES IT FEEL LIKE? You're happy

TELL ME, WHAT DOES IT FEEL LIKE? You're happy. You're smiling. Light has you in a tight grip, and you don't want it any other day. It's comforting, despite his tight grip around you. It lets you know that he is never going to let you go. 

It feels odd to smile every single day again. 

Lawliet passes your mind occasionally, but your focus lies on Light. 

      'Light,' you say, reaching out to hold him. 

He smiles, takes hold of your hand and pulls you into his embrace, something Lawliet had refused to do. 

His hand finds your cheek. Slowly, Light leans down and presses and kiss to your lips. 

Euphoria enters your body. Fragrances of delightfulness scatter across the light clouds in your mind. 

Warmth and solace fill your every crevice with a touch of delicacy.

 Light's charm seemed to touch even the deepest parts of you, as it did to many others. However, his vows were only directed towards you. 

You are beyond thankful for his existence. 

His birth marked a serendipitous event to the world; the birth of an angel. 

If only you weren't so oblivious.

When he pulls away, you could swear you feel a tug on your heart, one pulling you towards him. 

Ecstacy fills your body. 

After meeting Light, a plethora of emotions you had locked deep inside your heart surfaced.

Weeks had passed since you broke up with Lawliet. 

You had yet to see him, despite him investigating Light for being a murderer. 

Blindly, you didn't notice the signs until now. 

Heart in a conflict, you sit down. 

Lawliet was never wrong. If he was investigating Light, there was a chance he was a killer ━ perhaps even the killer, Kira. 

You shake your head, trying to push that thought away. 

Granted, you are not sure if you agree with Kira or not. Cleansing the world from evil is a concept of good, however, there seemed to be no grey area in Kira's perspective. The world was neither black nor white ━ which seemed to turn Kira and Lawliet against each other. 

      'Are you okay?' he asks, his voice a soft melody to your ears. 

Smiling, you turn your head towards Light. 

He smiles back at you. 

      'I'm fine,' you answer, truthfully this time. 

      'I need to study, but you can sit with me if you wish,' he says, opening his arms for you to join him. 

Cameras watch you. 

With a nod, you walk over and let him embrace you. 

There in his arms, you feel safe. Something you had yearned for ever since Lawliet began paying more attention to his work than you. 

Not that you could blame him, it wasn't his fault, was it? 

When you were the world's best detective, you had to choose which one was more important, and Lawliet chose work. 

A small smile spreads on your lips. Did it really matter if Light was Kira? 

Love was love. 

You needed someone and Light filled that spot

It was selfish to think in such a way. 

Kira was a killer, and you are selfish enough to ignore that all to feel tranquillity. 

That was your first mistake.