Chapter Ten

Hey everybody!

Here's Chapter number 10!

Not edited***

***********

"Charlie, wake up."

I let out a sigh and rolled over onto my side snuggling into my sheets. I felt something soft touch my face gently and I smiled, letting my eyes flutter open.

"Hey," I whispered.

Max smiled and pecked me on the forehead. "Hi."

"Hi." I giggled.

He chuckled and pulled me onto his lap, rubbing his hands over my now good sized belly bump. "You should get ready for school."

I groaned. "Thanks for reminding me. I have been so tired lately, I don't even want to go."

"Well," he said. "You have got to keep your grades up."

"Yeah, I guess you're right." I sighed, but then immediately smiled. "Do you know what today is?"

Max pondered in thought. "Monday..?"

I frowned. How could he have forgotten?

I got up off of his lap and went to my closet and grabbed out a pair of leggings and a SDSU sweatshirt.

I honestly do not know how he could have forgotten. We have been waiting for this day since we found out I was pregnant and now that the day is finally here he has forgotten.

"Charlotte, what's wrong?" He asked, as I walked back into my room.

I ignored him and went straight to my bathroom and put my hair up in a loose ponytail, leaving my glasses on and putting no make up on.

I grabbed my book bag and I headed down the stairs with Max behind me.

"Charlotte," He said.

I ignored him and walked past Zach as I headed to the front door and I heard him whisper to Max, "What the hell did you do man?"

I rolled my eyes and got into the front seat of Max's car, buckling in.

Max hopped in the driver's seat and he pulled out of my driveway. We rode in silence, mostly because I wouldn't speak to him.

"Charlotte, I didn't forget." He blurted out.

My head snapped to him. "What are you talking about?"

"I know that we get to find out the sex of the baby today." He muttered. "I can't believe you actually thought that I could forget something that important."

I stared at him. He didn't forget. "Well you made it seem like you did."

"Charlotte, I would never forget something like that." He said and he peered over at me in the corner of his eye. "I can't believe you thought that low of me."

I glared at him. "Well I can't believe that you knew and you acted as if you had no idea what the hell I was talking about."

Max sighed and continued driving, ignoring my words.

I leaned my head in my hands and stared out the car window, relieved when we pulled into the school parking lot.

"I'm sorry, Max." I mumbled.

Max shrugged. "Whatever."

He got out of the car and walked into the school entrance and I followed him.

"Max," I called out. "Would you just stop?"

He turned around. "For what, Char?"

"For me." I said.