Chapter Five

Hey guys!

Here's the fifth chapter for you all! It isn't edited so point out any mistakes you see and I'll get then fixed right away!

Enjoy!!

**********

It has been four weeks.

Its been four weeks since Zach has said a word to me.

Four weeks since Zach and I have had a movie night, or even one of those brother/sister talks we have all the time..

My mom has warmed up to the fact that she is going to have a grandchild, and honestly, she seems a little excited. My dad, well, he's the complete opposite. He works whenever he has the chance to.

And now I was waiting for Max to pick me up from my house to bring us to our 10 weeks checkup. The day where we would get to hear our baby's heartbeat.

Its fair to say that Max and I have gotten closer over the past few weeks that we've known about the baby.

Our relationship is only friends, but obviously, I'm pregnant with his kid.

After five minutes of waiting, Max's car finally pulled into my driveway. I grabbed my purse and walked out to his car.

I sat in the passenger seat, not forgetting to buckle up.

"Hey, how are you doing?" He asked.

I smiled. "Good, I'm doing good."

He smiled. "Good."

"Are you excited to see and hear the baby's heartbeat?" I asked.

Max nodded with a small smile upon his face. "Yeah, I definitely am."

I smiled. "So am I."

The rest of the drive to the clinic was a silent one, both of us off into our own world of thoughts.

We arrived at the doctor and we got called into Dr. White's room, after we finished filling out some papers.

He took my weight, temperature, blood pressure, and all of that stuff, as they will continue to do throughout my pregnancy.

"So, Charlotte, how have you been feeling?" Dr. White asked, when we got into his room.

"Well, I've gotten rid of my morning sickness. It comes every now and then but not quite as often. Otherwise, I've been feeling fine, not much different." I said.

He smiled. "Well that is good to here." Dr. White looked to Max and back to me. "And would this be the father?"

I nodded. "Yeah."

"Well, let's get you up on the bed and check up on the baby." He said, putting his gloves on and getting the machine ready.

Max helped me up onto the bed and I lied down, lifting my shirt up to my chest.

The doctor squirted the blue gel onto my stomach and started to moved the doppler around to try and I find the baby's heartbeat.

And then I heard the sound I have been dying to hear since my last checkup. A fast heartbeat filled the silent room.

Max gasped and I looked up to him. "What?"

"Is it supposed to be that fast?" He asked, a little worried. Yet, I could still see that smile on his face underneath the worry.

I laughed, as did the doctor. "It is fast, but it is perfectly healthy."

I felt the happy tears building up in my eyes and Max squeezed my hand. This moment was truly special.