Chapter Nine

Hey guys!

Make sure to read the authors note at the end! Its very important.

Enjoy this chapter!

***********

"Please, Charlotte?"

"No." I said for the millionth time.

"Please?" Chloe begged.

"Chloe, no."

"Come on, it is just this one time!" She tried to reason. "You need to enjoy these moments while you can!"

"I'm really not up for it tonight," I said.

Chloe pouted. "Please?"

"No and if you say please one more time I think I am going to slap you in the face." I deadpanned.

She huffed. "What happened to fun Charlotte?"

I raised my eyebrows at her and pointed to my stomach. "Fun Charlotte had a little too much fun and now is stuck with a baby in her stomach."

Chloe sighed, falling back on to my bed. "I forgot about that."

"Yeah," I muttered.

She sat back up and stared me right into the eyes. "Can't you please just come with me? I have been hanging around your brother too much. I need my best friend."

I shook my head. "What if I got drugged, Chloe? Something seriously wrong could happen to this baby."

"Charlotte, nothing is going to happen." She said. "Stop being so uptight."

I rolled my eyes. "I'm not being uptight. I am taking responsibility for my actions and I can't just go out and party, Chlo, something could happen. I'm not just caring for myself anymore, I am caring for another human being also."

Chloe sighed. "I know, I'm sorry. I just really want to do something with you."

"Chlo, we hangout basically every single day." I said. "Plus, we don't have to go to a party to do something together."

"But it is New Year's eve, Char." She said.

"I don't want to go." I said, even though it was a lie.

The truth is, I would give anything to go out with Chloe, but like I said, I have to care for this baby inside of me. If I went to this party and something happened, there was no going back.

"If I got Max to go, then would you go?" She asked, with pleading eyes.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Why would Max influence my partying decisions?"

Chloe shrugged. "He could watch out for you."

I sighed. "Chlo..."

She grabbed my phone and dialed Max's number before I could stop her. She put it on speaker so that I could hear.

"Charlotte?" His voice came through. "What's up?"

"Hey Max," Chloe said. "This is Chloe."

"Oh," he said. "What do you need?"

"Well, I was wondering if you wanted to go to a party over at Jessica's cabin tonight?" She asked, smirking at me.

I rolled my eyes, but Max answered. "Yeah, sure. Wait, Charlotte is not going is she?"

I gave Chloe a look and she glared at me. "Actually, about that... Would you keep an eye on her to make sure nothing happens? I asked her to go, but she is being really paranoid about it."