𝚁𝚊𝚒𝚗𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚖𝚜|| 𝙷𝚊𝚗𝚊𝚔𝚘 𝚡 𝙽𝚘𝚗-𝙱𝚒𝚗𝚊𝚛𝚢 𝚁𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚎𝚛

💖fluff💖
reader is afraid of thunderstorms and well

i think you get the point.
Word count: 487 Words

You come to school on a very cloudy day.

Great. You think to yourself.  It's probably going to storm later.

You walk to class, trying not to think about your fears. Focus, (y/n). You're fine.

Hours later, you finally hear the the last bell of the day. You make your way up to the girl's bathroom to visit your friends, Yashiro and Hanako-kun. Excited to finally see them after a long day.

Then it hits. It starts raining heavily, with thunder clapping every few seconds. You try to hurry and get to your friends before it gets worse on you.

Once you make it to the bathroom, you hear Yashiro yelling something at Hanako.

"I AM NOT A DAIKON!"  Yashiro frustratedly cries. Hanako just laughs.  Yashiro notices you standing at the door.

"(Y/N)! There you are!" she says excitedly.

"Hi guys." You say, nervously as the storm get worse.

"(Y/N), are you okay? You look scared." Hanako asks, obviously worried about you.

When you don't answer, he asks Yashiro to leave.

"Yashiro, you're done for the day. Can I have some time alone with them?" He asks the daikon.

"Yes, but if you so much as make them cry I will not hesitate to headbutt you," She says, while walking out the door. "See you later (Y/N)! Tell me if he upsets you!"

As the thunder gets louder, Hanako realizes whats going on. You flinch at the sound of the thunder clapping, ducking down between the sink and the wall, and trying to not cry.

Hanako walks over and sits next to you, pulling you into his arms.

"You're safe, (Y/N). I'm here now." He says as he starts to play with your hair.

Out of nowhere he starts to sing to you, as an attempt to distract you from the storm.

"I remember tears streaming down your face when I said I'd never let you go" he sings, softly to comfort you.

"H-Hanako? What-" You start to ask as the thunder gets louder. You flinch and hide in his shirt.

"When all those shadows almost killed your light
I remember you said don't leave me here alone.
But all that's dead and gone and passed tonight." he continues, holding you tighter.

"Just close your eyes, the sun is going down
You'll be alright, no one can hurt you now.
Come morning light, you and I'll be safe and sound.
Don't you dare look out your window, darling everything's on fire. The war outside our door keeps raging on. Hold onto this lullaby even when the musics gone, gone." He finishes singing quietly, noticing you had fallen asleep.

He carefully moves you to a more comfortable position as he holds you, humming ever so softly.

"I'm always here, (Y/n)."