21. The Problem

Australia ~ Jonas Brothers

"What am I supposed to do?" I ask Somer, starting to really freak out.

"I'm not sure. I think you should talk to Joe, he'll probably know what to do." She suggested.

"You're right. I'll call you later?" I say.

"yep. Okay, good luck, bye."

"Bye."

I sit down on the bed to catch my breath.

I look through all the articles and messages.

Some approving, some disapproving.

"Joe Jonas' new romance?"

"Is Olivia Scott using Joe Jonas to win the competition?"

"Does a relationship between judge and contestant break competition rules?"

The internet was just full of people voicing their opinions, no matter how harsh they were.

"Livvy? Are you okay?" I looked up and Joe was stood in just his joggers I the m, doorway to his bedroom.

"Joe..."I trailed off, my voice breaking at the end.

He rushed to sit down next to me, "what's the matter? Tell me."

"Joe, they found out." I said, tears welling up in my eyes.

"who found out what?" He said, his eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

I just showed him my phone and watched as he read through the article quickly.

"Oh Livvy, it's okay. It was bound to happen at some point." he said, placing my phone down and wrapping his arms around me.

"No its not. They're all saying stuff about me." I sobbed further.

"That's because they don't know what they're talking about bubba." he soothed and rubbed my back.

"I don't know if I can do the show anymore." I realised.

"What do you mean? I'm sure you'll still be allowed to." He said.

"Even if I am, I don't know if I'd want to. They'll all think I'm cheating."

"Well that's up to you, Liv, but I don't see why you should feel forced to."

"You're right. Oh Joe, I don't know what to do." I leaned my head on his shoulder.

"Why don't you have a nap. I'll sort this out while you rest okay?"

He gently pushed me onto the bed and tucked me in.

He kissed the top of my head and walked to the door.

I saw him turn the light off before I closed my eyes and fell into a deep slumber.

~~~

I woke up and looked at the time on my phone.

I'd slept for about an hour and a half so I got up and went to find Joe.

I walked into the kitchen to find him at the stove cooking something.

He turned and saw me.

"Well hello there, sleeping beauty." He chuckled as I yawned and walked closer towards him.

"What are you making?" I asked.

"Omlette," He said, "I figured you'd be hungry after your nap."

As if on cue, my stomach growled loudly.

We laughed before I remember the reason I took a well needed nap in the first place.

"So I called the producers of the show," Joe said and I hummed for him to continue nervously.

"They said they wouldn't force you to quit if you didn't want to as obviously they know there's no way you cheated but they would fully understand if you didn't want to be apart of it anymore." He smiled.

"Oh." I said.

"So it's fully your choice, but they said they need to know as soon as possible so they can know exactly what's going on." He said.

"Okay."

We ate the omlettes Joe made us and sat down on the sofa to watch some TV.

"I should probably message my friends and family that have all texted me." I lightly laughed.

"Okay." Joe said and I left to go get my phone.

I sat on the bed and opened up Instagram to try to find any messages from people I know personally.

When I clicked on my account I was dumbfounded.

My followers had skyrocketed

My followers had skyrocketed. No doubt because of Joe, but it was still a bit startling.

My dms were filled with exited fans and rude haters but I didn't respond to any of them. I messaged my friends and family and confirmed the rumours and made sure they knew I was okay, even if I wasn't.

The thing was, I was stressed beyond belief about what I was to decide.

How could I decide? One one hand, I loved the show and would do anything to be able to sing on that stage one last time.

But on the other hand, if I decided to stay, everyone else might feel like I had an advantage and if I managed to get even further, people would assume I had cheated, or I was using Joe to get an advantage.

Do I step down and give in, or do I follow my dreams but have to face the consequences?

~~~

Hello!! I know for a fact a lot of you are probably annoyed at this schedule and believe me I am trying but I have zero motivation. I know non of you care about that but I just wanted to let you all know I really am trying, and I'll try to try harder.

Lots of love,

Xx