22. The Decision

I need you christmas ~ Jonas Brothers

I woke up the next morning next to Joe.

I played with his curls whilst he slept, thinking over my decision about the show.

I had made a decision, but I wasn't 100% sure.

Joe stirrs and his eyes slowly flicker open before he sees me and smiles lightly.

"Hi bubs." I whisper.

"Hi bubba." he whispers back.

"Joe?" my voice cracks.

"Yeah?"

"I think I've decided what to do about the show." I said.

"Oh really? What's your decision?" He sits up.

I sighed, "I think I have to drop out."

"Are you sure?" He says.

"Yes. I feel like I have to. The other contestants wouldn't feel it was fair. I don't want to put them in that situation." a tear slips out of my eye.

Joe quickly wipes it away, "hey, hey, you shouldn't feel bad. I'll support you whatever you do." He put his arm around my shoulder.

We sat in silence for a while.

"On the bright side, at least we don't have to sneak around anymore." Joe laughs.

"Yeah."

~~~

Joe and I had gotten ready for the day and were about to go for a walk.

I got dressed in this:

And did my hair like this:

I didn't put any make up on because we were only going for a walk and I went to out my shoes on

"Well don't you look pretty today." I turned around at Joe's voice to see him leaning against the door frame.

I blushed, "thank you."

As we left the apartment complex, I held Joe's hand and we walked peacefully down the street.

When we reached the grocery store, we walked in and headed down the aisles.

"I'm gonna go get some bread." I told Joe, before heading off to the bread aisle.

When I came back, Joe was surrounded by three teenage girls asking him for photos, which he happily took with them.

I waited patiently until they were finished before walking back to Joe and past the girls.

One of them pointed at me and they all giggled. I blushed.

"You'll get used to it, don't worry bubs." he said.

We payed and headed towards the door.

When we stepped outside the door there was about thirty men stood there with flashing cameras screaming at us.

"Joe look this way!"

"Joe, is this your new girlfriend?"

"Olivia, are you continuing the show or dropping out?"

I grasped Joe's arm tighter as he quickly guided me past the men and towards the apartment.

~~~

When we got back to the apartment, the men had left, but I was still a but shaken up.

"I'm sorry, Livvy. I didn't know they were going to be here." Joe said.

"That's okay, it's not your fault."

"Shall I make is some hot chocolate?". He asked me.

"Of course." I say, as if it were obvious.

We laughed and I walked to the living room.

"I feel like I should announce that I'm leaving." I said to Joe, sipping on my hot chocolate.

"Are you sure though? You don't want to regret it." he told me.

"100%. I don't want to put the other people through that. Besides I feel like it would be a bit awkward." I half heartedly laughed.

"Okay, well if you're sure, I'm here for you either way." he said.

"Should I ring the producers first?" I asked.

"I'll do that." He smiled, "i would say tell your friends first though."

"Okay."

And so I messaged Somer, Aydan, my mum and some other people from the show before I posted this:

"I've done it." I told Joe and powered my phone off, so I wouldn't be tempted to look at it all the time.