Episode 5: Consultation with a Vampire part 4

~*~An extra-long bit for you guys today! This is in thanks for putting up for all the times I've been late or have skipped weeks. (Plus I really, really just love writing fight scenes.) Enjoy! ~*~

Hands clamped on John's shoulders and arms, pinning him down in the chair. He instinctively twisted and arched his back, trying to pull free, but these people—monsters—were stronger than normal humans.

John glanced at Sherlock and saw that his friend had been similarly restrained, though he was handling it much better. As usual. But something flickered through Sherlock's eyes, and John could see his face going slowly pale.

He's just as scared as I am, John thought. That's…odd.

"What do you intend to do with us?" Sherlock asked calmly. "Drain our blood, leave our lifeless bodies for the police to find, just like you did with your six other victims?"

Ray didn't rise from the sofa, but his wife, Lila, did, walking around behind Sherlock's chair. A muscle in Sherlock's neck twitched, like he was trying very hard not to turn around and try to keep track of her. Lila leaned against the back of the chair and ran her fingernails down the side of Sherlock's face, making him stiffen.

John gritted his teeth and looked up at his two captors. One of them was Desmond. He stood at the side of John's chair, one hand on John's shoulder, the other on his arm. John could see the grip of his gun poking out from the man's ragged jeans.

If I could just… He tried to squirm one hand free.

Desmond's grip tightened, grinding the bones in his wrist together. John sucked in a sharp gasp through his teeth.

Sherlock looked over at him and addressed Ray again. "Oh, come on, you can at least give me the courtesy of knowing what will happen to us."

"Does the robot have a bit of human after all?" Lila breathed in Sherlock's ear.

Sherlock pulled away from her, disgust wrinkling his face.

Ray laughed. "Simple, Mr. Holmes. We made a deal. We stay out of London, and in return, we get one of the greatest minds in modern times working for us."

Sherlock raised his eyebrows. "You mean you're going to turn me? Into a vampire?"

"But—you said—" John sputtered.

"I know what I said, John. However—" Sherlock looked at Ray, mouth tightening. "I think I can fairly say that I was wrong. For once."

"Enough talking!" Desmond snarled. "Let's get this moving!"

Sherlock glanced at him, then sighed. "I don't suppose the overly clichéd line 'look behind you' will get a reaction, will it?"

Desmond glared at him. "Do I look stupid?"

"Well, you sure ain't lookin' real cute right now, Fangs," came a deep voice from behind John.

All the vampires whirled. John felt one of his captors loosen his grip, and he twisted around the side of the chair, trying to see who had intruded.

Two men stood near the front door—a tall, broad-shouldered punk wearing a scuffed leather coat, and a shorter, skinny guy with too-short trousers, a sports coat, and a bowtie. The skinny guy's hair flopped over one eye, and he brushed it back with a nervous smile.

"Hullo!" he said. "I'm the Doctor, here to help!"

Two vampires rushed them, and faster than John could follow the newcomers were pinned against the wall, snarling vampire fangs inches from their throats.