Episode 11: Into the Fire part 3

Sam dropped to the ground. A gunshot exploded in the small space, making his ears ring. Moriarty's hand latched around his throat. Sam looked up, saw the light glint off a knife as the shifter swung it at his chest. He curled, shoved his feet into Moriarty's chest and launched him away. Moriarty rolled, then scrambled up and ran deeper into the library.

"Crap! He's running!" Dean yelled.

"On him!" John shouted, and Sam saw him dart between two bookcases in pursuit of the shifter.

Dean grabbed Sam's arm, helping him to his feet. He unlocked the cuff around Sam's wrist, not meeting his eyes. "Glad you're okay."

"Me too. Now c'mon, he's still got the book."

"What book?"

"Later. C'mon." Sam took off, jogging through the maze of shelves. He could faintly hear someone's steps pounding into the floor. "John!"

"He took a left! Doc, Amy, headed toward you!" John called.

Sam cupped his hands around his mouth. "He's a shifter, you guys! Shifters can be harmed with anything silver!"

They kept running, glancing down the various aisles they passed. After a few minutes, Dean slowed down, held up his hand. Sam stopped at his side. He couldn't hear any footsteps, and no one was shouting. He swung around, looking down the aisle behind him.

"You're sure he's a shifter?" Dean asked, panting.

"Eyes reflected the light. He's a shifter all right."

"So what, he's workin' for the Vashta Nerada?"

"No, he's possessed by a swarm. Remember what I read earlier—there are rumors that the Shadow can control other swarms of Vashta Nerada, I'm guessing maybe telepathically."

"Well great. Let's hope the Shadow dude can keep him from shif—"

Amy screamed. Dean shot a panicked look at Sam before dashing into an aisle. Sam ran after him. They dodged through several rows of books and burst out into the swimming pool area again

Amy sat on the floor, her back against the rack of pool towels, her arms over her head. At the sound of their footsteps, she looked up. Her eyes widened and she scrambled backward. "Stay away from me!" She grabbed the shotgun lying on the floor beside her and aimed it at them.

Dean stopped, holding his hands up. "Whoa, Amy. Amy, it's us."

"You were here just a minute ago," Amy whispered, looking at Sam. "You tried to knife me."

"That was the shifter, Amy," Sam said gently, eyeing the gun.

"How do I know you're not the shifter? How do I trust either one of you?" Amy demanded.

"Silver," Dean said. "Did you hear what Sam said about the silver when we first started chasing the shifter?"

Amy nodded. Sam took a deep, slow breath, watching the shotgun barrel dip down, then swing back up, still pointed at him. If the shifter had hurt her, he'd wring its neck. It wasn't right that he'd brought this on them—all of them—the Doctor, Amy, Sherlock, John... It was his fault. As always.

Dean drew a knife from the sheath on his hip. "Silver," he said, setting the blade against his arm, "burns shifters. It kills them. I'm not a shifter." He made a shallow slash, blood welling over the edges of the cut. Dean handed Sam the knife.

Sam made the same gash on the back of his left arm, then turned it so Amy could see the blood trickling down his skin. "See?"

She nodded and started to stand up.

SuperWhoLock: When the Shadows Rageजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें