[23]

It has been just under a week, since Christmas day and I haven't talked to my grandpa since that night, along with Zayn who then decided that it was best if he moved back home and spent the rest of the holiday at home alone.

I had protested against it but Zayn stated that he didn't want to come between my grandfather and my relationship but I knew that was a load of crap, there was obviously another reason because every time I mentioned my grand dad, a look of fear would flash across his.

I had tried questioning him about his connections with my grand pa but he kept blowing it off and changing the subject.

The longer I was kept in the dark, the more curious I became.

His voice kept repeating in my head, 'after all I warned you before"

What could he possibly mean by before, I haven't seen him in two years and now he shows up and tells me to stay away from Zayn.

Anyways, back to present day, here I was in the aisle of my closet searching for something to wear.

It was a pretty hard task seeing that I had to consider that outside was freezing cold.

Zayn made me promise him that i wouldn't question him about his connections with my grand dad until after New Years.

It was going to be very difficult not asking him anything about it tonight seeing that I am a curious person.

A smile grew on my face when I found the perfect outfit. A red 3/4 sleeve jewel neck line skater dress paired with black leggings and brown mid calf boots. To keep me warm, I took out my big black coat and rested it on the bed.

I slipped on the clothing before heading downstairs where Zayn was already.

After a few minutes of being in his black Range Rover, we pulled up in front of a large crowd surrounding a huge well decorated Christmas tree.

I decided to push my curious mind away for tonight and enjoy myself without getting into a quarrel with Zayn.

"Are you coming?"

I nodded and took his outstretched hand as he led me through the crowd.

We finally came to a stop and when I looked, we were by a bench, a little away from everyone.

"I missed you" I heard Zayn mumble.

I raised my head to look at him with a smile on my face. If he knew how much I missed him, he would think it was impossible to crave someone's presence as much as I craved his.

I craved everything about him, his lips, the feeling he gave me when he caress my cheek and him in general.

"I miss you too" I smiled.

He glanced down at his watch before pulling me towards the crowd of people.

Before I could protest, the crowd erupted on cheers.

Everyone began to count down and that sound was drowned out as soon as I looked into Zayn's eyes.

Right in that moment, it felt as if we were the only two people on Earth.

It felt as if time had frozen and allowed us to be drowned in each others features.

5

4

3

2

A gunshot fired and in no time, everyone began screaming and running in different directions.

I began to panicked as tears formed in my eyes as I was taken further into the crowd.

I frantically searched for Zayn but to no avail, he was no where in sight.

I began hyperventilating as thoughts ran through my mind of Zayn being hurt.

Everything was going perfectly up until the gun shots were fired.

I began running as fast as I could over towards the corner of an old street.

I silently prayed that I wore boots instead of heels.

If I did, I wouldn't be able to run through the snow.

As soon as I was nearly there, a hand grabbed me from behind and pulled me against their hard chest.

Tears spilled out my eyes when I spotted a gun out the corner of my eye, in the person's eyes.

"Oh Katie, Katie... Oh how I missed you"