Epilogue

Today marked one year since that tragic night. All those sleepless nights, tears and cries for her had all taken place under the span of an entire year.

The pain of losing her was still fresh and would constantly stab me in the back.

My heart yearned for her day after day and night after night. I could never forgive myself for letting this happen to her.

She was my light through my darkest times and now she was gone. If I knew this was how this would end, I would have never approached her on the first day of school.

It was just that she was so damn irresistible with her long brown hair and pink full lips. Neither would I have kissed her in that janitor's closet. I should have never taken her virginity but left it for the one she was bound to marry.

Instead, I should have ignored her presence and not  drag her into my messed up life. But no, I had to be so damn selfish and pursue her just because of my burning desire to have her.

  Look where that got me!

Damn it!

She was my safe haven ever since she came to Bradford. She was perfect in my eyes and all that I've ever dreamt of in a significant other.

Her long sable locks flowed down her back and rested just above her hips.

The way her chocolate brown eyes would sparkle as she studied my aphrodisiacal features erupted tingles down my spine although I wouldn't admit it out loud.

She was truly a perfectionist at heart and would always hold a sacred place in my heart.

As I sat down on the cold ground, I allowed the fresh tears to roll down my cheeks while I clutched Katie's favourite flowers in my hands- orchids.

I couldn't believe that I made it through an entire year without her.

The wound of losing her was very fresh and it felt like yesterday.

I owe my thanks to Katie for changing me into a better person.

Her parents were there for me also as I grieved my loss.

Everyone around me kept saying that it will get better but when will that be?

New Years was supposed to be a joyous day but it wasn't and never will be for me ever again.

This horrific night represented the day the love of my life was taken away from me.

It will never be the same without her.

I know she would like it if I moved on but I can't. I can't look at another woman without seeing her face.

All because of that stupid bastard George who wanted revenge on me.

The haunting images of her lifeless body lying on the ground in her own pool of blood always seemed to invade my mind at night.

I sniffled as I wiped the leaves away from the tomb stones in front of me.

I placed the orchid onto it before slowly tracing my fingers across the words carved into it.

Katie Reneé Jenkins

October 29th 1996- January 1st 2015

I'll always love you.....