Chapter 9

I'm so sorry guys! I never thought my fanfiction would get any attention. If you want to skip this intro part you can, but I'd like to talk about a few important things first:

1. This was last updated a LONG time ago, which means my writing style is completely different now. 

2. This also might be the last update in a while; I go to a magnet high school and my schedule is as busy as it can get. 

Last of all, thank you for sticking with me guys! I know I haven't written in a long time and I appreciate every single one of you's support of my fanfiction :) And without further adue...

*I do not own any rights to characters or dialogue from the HP books: all rights to JK Rowling

Lily reached across the table and snatched a butter roll from the bread basket as it continued down the table and nibbled on it with a smug look on her face. She was victorious. Hardly able to contain her grin, she looked down at her folded hands, then searched the room for that familiar face. 

A dark-skinned Slytherin with that everpresent oil on his hair looked up from his Potions book and, out of the corner of his eye, once again glanced towards the Gryffindor table. She was so beautiful. Her eyes were so... full... of life. Her lips barely covered the perfectly lined teeth in her mouth, but only when she smiled. And she was doing that now. And she rarely smiled, but when she did ---- his eyes glazed over, and he wasn't there anymore. He was in the Slytherin Commons room, her on his lap, his hands playing with her red flamed hair, his lips lining kisses down her pale smooth neck. He was with the only girl who understood him, and not even a prefect bursting into the room, not even a horde of his worst bullies, could tear him away from Lily. But alas everything else did: a teacher's voice breaking through the barrier, a smack on his head, a punch in his back, a shove in the hall, all sent his out of his dream, dizzy, and coming back down to the floor. Her laughing eyes met his and his heart raced, but as quickly as they met her eyes skimmed over the row of students behind his and he could hardly keep his dissapointment from showing. She hadn't wanted to see him. She hadn't wanted to talk to him. She was still mad, and now, she was hurting herself by throwing herself at that stupid Potter. His blood boiled.

Without even noticing Snape Lily's eyes settled on the wall space 3 students to the left and stayed transfixed to whatever was happening in that corner for at least 10 minutes until he stared back at her and smiled back too. He was surrounded by his usual horde of "friends" (because of course he was too "cool" to eat simply at the table), a mix of the low who want a share of his fame, and the high who knew they deserved it. Everyone wanted to be him or near him, and James knew it. People around the edge tried to make small talk with each other as they nibbled on their breakfast, but suddenly, all of them turned around to face the center of the group. 

James was shooting spells into a nearby painting of tiny little men, that lept as every stream of light hit the canvas. Sirius was roaring with laughter, but no one could have laughed louder in that circle of Peter. As every flick of the wand sent more of the tiny men scattering into surrounding paintings, all three's laughter was doubled and doubled until the only sound that could be heard in the hall was the sound of their laughter. James chased the monks around the dining hall, targetting the weakest and scaring the wits out of all of them, Lily thought. Finally, he made it back to the corner were he was standing at first, panting and tired but filled with naughty satisfaction, and was greeted by the stern, tight, and furious lips of Professor McGonagall. He knew where he was going without direction, but before he sauntered out of the hall, he flipped back his hair, and winked. And not just in any random direction. He winked straight at those pale green eyes that had stared at his 10 minutes before.