🌧Done Things Different: Sequal to When He Loved Me🌧

This is actually based on a concept I was originally going to do at the end of When He Loved Me but scraped for some reason...so I guess this one is a Two-shot! This is all from a Husk perspective.
————————————————————
You two have only been datin' for-shit a month? Seems like forever to me. Yet, I know why it seems so long, and I got no one to blame but myself for that. I'm the one who broke us apart, that threw you away and cast you aside. Ya still smiled though, even through the breaking in ya heart, that I could see in those once unfamiliar eyes.
I was so stupid back then, but you died so young, and I died so old, how could things possibly work out? That's why I was stupid, to think somethin' like that actually fuckin' mattered, when no one actually gave a shit about that-you sure the hell don't do ya? You never cared about what anyone thought of ya, you thought good of ya self and that was all you needed...I guess that's one of the things I really love about ya. Despite this love, I let fear and doubt get the better of me, I thought if word got out we were a couple, more demons would come after us, and I'd be a prime target for your enemies. Despite that, I still stayed by your side. Did it hurt you too? To always be around me but never together? I bet it did, but you're to fuckin' proud to ever admit that.
Now you two are sittin' at the bar, smiles wide as you talk about whatever you two talk about. Somehow I could almost swear your smile was wider then usual, but that's impossible, your smile was never larger then it was when we were together. Yet he makes you laugh in ways I never could, and he touches you-a special privilege that was reserved only for me-but you don't let me touch you anymore, fuck I miss touching you. I miss everything about you. I miss ya gentle touches, your soft laughs, clumsy kisses. Now they're all reserved for him, and it's all my fault.
Then again, were ya ever really happy with me? Ya thought I didn't see it, but I saw all the hurt behind those doe eyes of yours. When I'd get drunk and scream at you, or sob on you, you would comfort me and try to calm me down, but I could see how much my anger-my tears-how much they hurt you. Those big brown eyes turned crimson, I remember thinking about how much it suited you, how my breath caught in my throat seeing you after forty or so odd years. Does he appreciate those doe eyes of yours the way I did? The way I still do now? I guess it ain't none of my business no more though...is it?
As I take another imaginary drink from the long since empty bottle of cheap booze, I couldn't stop glaring at him. He got to you before me, and now his scaly ass is wrapped around you, holding you like how I used to hold you, but I ain't held ya in a long time. I can't help but see us when I see you two, it almost ain't fair how much it hurts me. Is this your pain Al? When I pushed you away, acted like I didn't care, treated you like a burden, did you feel just as awful as I do now? I bet you did.
   I tried to think about anything other then that sadness you'd always hide away from everyone, even me, and in the process what was once one of my favorite memories clouded my mind. The memory has become just as cold as it was that winters day, back before we broke up, but I was already starting to distance myself from my beloved buck. I hated how awfully cold it was despite his fur keeping me relatively warm, and yet you-who only had a small amount of fur, seemed to adore the frightful weather. I remember how you frolicked in the snow with cheer, and the way you smiled at me that day, so happy and naive, oblivious to the way I'd hurt you. I wish I'd done things different.
   It makes me sick watching you with him, maybe it's just the 10 bottles of cheap booze I poured down my throat. Remember how you used to scold me for that? How your face would scrunch up in concern? I thought that was the most adorable little shit. Then when ya died back in 1933, my drinkin' problem got worse. I joined the army hopin' I'd see ya on the other side, but I lived. After that, between the PTSD of the war and your death, my gamblin' and alcohol addictions were all I had left. I truly was a husk at that point. I bet ya woulda scolded the hell outta me for that, wastin' my life and money away, but I was a young fool that turned into an even more foolish old man. I made so many mistakes in my life, and even more in death. My biggest mistake was breakin' your heart sweetheart.
   Y'all have been together a whole decade now, and somehow I'm still not over ya. Guess this is karma aye? Ya waited patiently for my sorry ass to realize my stupid mistake for about four decades now, then when ya saw I wasn't gonna figure it out, ya did what was best for ya and moved on. I can't blame ya for that, he treats ya way better then I ever did anyway. He proposed to ya today, you were so happy you actually cried openly for once. I remember thinkin' about proposin' to ya once, but society wasn't how it is today, there was no fuckin' way we could be like that. If I'd just done things different, I'd be the one on one knee! I'd be the one makin' ya cry of joy! I'd be the one promisin' to be by your side for eternity! If I'd just fuckin' done things different!
   He's got those little egg minions of his too, ya fuckin' love them. They follow ya around like a bunch of fuckin' baby ducks. Ya also had a soft spot for kids didn't ya Al? Remember when you told me you used to want kids of your own? I wasn't about to tell ya back then, but I never really liked kids, I wasn't gonna ruin your dream. Guess ya finally got those kids ya wanted too huh?
   In the end, I guess I'm the one that needed you more then you needed me. Nifty keeps tryin' to tell me I'll move on, but she don't know all we went through, all we were, all I woulda done different. Guess the best thing I can do for ya now is watch over ya huh? Support ya, and love ya without ever sayin' it. If that scaly bastard breaks your heart, I'll have open arms for ya, and I'll tie his sorry ass into a pretzel. Still, I gotta wonder, what would have happened between us? If I'd done things different.