Another Radiodust Week 2021: Circus

It was Alastor's idea to start the circus, and Anthony was happy to support his husband, he even convinced Molly to be an acrobat. They were the great jumping spiders, they were the most famous act, and this was abundantly clear. He noticed how their fame grated on the nerves of his co-stars, but he didn't care about any of that, his fame was bringing in the dough, and it was funding his husband's dream, that was what he cared about. At least, that's what he thought at first. His own personal justification blinded Anthony from seeing how much it truly bothered Alastor. It was no secret to anyone that Alastor liked being the center of attention, it's why he decided to be the ring leader in the first place, so all this attention on his beau bugged him quite a bit. No one could ever accuse Alastor of not being a supportive husband however, because he encouraged his husband to keep performing his best despite his jealousy, it was when their audience stares turned lustful towards the Italian that Alastor couldn't take it anymore.

It was just meant to be a civil conversation really, Alastor sat Anthony down and explained to the other he wasn't comfortable with the attention his husband was attracting, he didn't expect his beau would become so upset. Suddenly, the pale man was yelling something about how he should be happy he gathered so much attention, that his circus would be nothing without him and Molly, and he was just jealous they liked him more than Alastor. Alastor tried to reason with Anthony, explaining that these things were true but that wasn't the reason, but Anthony just wouldn't listen. What was supposed to be a quiet and calm conversation escalated into a screaming match, both men had tears in their eyes, both men feeling bitter and hurt by the others accusations and assumptions. The argument ended with the sound of a gloved hand slapping a narrow cheek, a loud smack echoing through that modest house, followed by complete stillness and silence. Anthony looked down in horror, what he just did slowly creeping up into his mind as he stared down at his husband, a fresh handprint on his tan cheek.

Dread slowly settled in as he looked at his husband's scared eyes, at that moment, Alastor looked exactly like he did back then. 'Am I turning into him?' Anthony asked him, looking down at his hands shakily. 'I know his past...I know what his dad did to him...so why did I do that!? Why did I hurt the only man I love!?' Anthony asked himself. He cried in his hands and fell to his knees, he was becoming that asshole Valentino, and it was tearing him up inside to think he was becoming like him. The fear in Alastor's eyes, it was the same fear he always felt in Val's presence, was it the same fear he felt when his father would beat him too? He was pulled from his thoughts as his felt gloved hands grip his own, his heart nearly broke again when he met Alastor's gaze, he was trying so far to remain strong, but it was so obvious he was still so scared. "Mon ange...I still love you so much, and I don't want to divorce over this, but I think it's time we took a 'break' as they say" Alastor says slow and hesitant, his words having obviously been carefully picked by the brunet.

Anthony moved out without anymore protest, and the circus had to close temporarily due to the circumstances, this didn't affect their finances that much due to how well the circus did, but the state of their marriage was affecting them. Anthony stayed with Molly, as he hadn't lived alone in years, and he needed someone to be there for him through all this. Meanwhile, Alastor was alone at the house, his dream up in flames as well as his life it seemed, he'd never accepted any of his dear friend Hank's offers to go out drinking before, but Courvoisier quickly became his best friend in all this shit. Even as weeks passed, Hank and Nickie tried their best to cheer him up, but the ringleader was just to far gone, and he refused to go to therapy. Molly had also been trying to comfort Anthony and tell him he wasn't like Valentino, but it didn't seem to be getting them anywhere. Molly decided it was time to step up and put on her big girl boots, she told Anthony that yes, he was the one at fault in this situation. He took things too far, he got upset when Alastor made a reasonable request, and he did hit Alastor, but that didn't make him like Val. Molly was a bit harsh, but make sure to tell Anthony that all he had to do was apologize, reflect on his actions, and change.

That seemed to be the kick in the ass Anthony needed as he returned to the modest house they once shared, knocking on the door of his own home felt so awkward and strange. As the door slowly slid open, he let out an audible gasp at the sight of his husband before him. His clothes were a mess, his hair was all over the place, and his eyes were completely bloodshot red. Anthony started to cry and sobbed seeing how much he hurt the man he loved and hugged him tightly, apologizing profusely for acting so terribly. Their was a small park of Alastor's mind that feared that Anthony might hurt him again, but he chose to trust this man that he swore his life to long ago, and he didn't regret it one bit. They were able to re-open the circus, Anthony stopped showing off so much and finally shared the spotlight more with his co-workers and dear husband. Despite everything, Alastor and Anthony's marriage was thankfully repaired, and the two were able to continue their lives together happily.