Chapter Twenty-One

*5 Months Later*

"I'm so nervous," you said, today was the day of your gender reveal party, and despite having planned everything perfectly, your brain was going over every single scenario that could possibly go wrong.

Bucky wrapped his arms around you, "It's gonna be okay doll," he said. You had no idea what you were stressing about, it was just the avengers and a few family friends. The world still had no idea you existed, the Billionaire's daughter was still just a rumour. Maybe one day the world would find out that the playboy Tony Stark had actually been an amazing father, today was not that day.

You slipped into a yellow dress and tied back your hair. "You look beautiful," said Bucky, coming into your room, wearing jeans and a white shirt, a yellow hair tie on his wrist to match your dress. He seemed nervous, but so were you.

As you made your way up to the living room, where a huge balloon stood in the middle. "You ready?" said Nat, she handed you a safety pin to pop the balloon with as everyone gathered round, even Peter Parker had brought his aunt. You were so nervous to find out, and you smiled at Bucky, who smiled back supportively. 

"This is it," you said to Bucky. He stood behind you as you turned to pop the balloon. Blue confetti swirled out the balloon, and you smiled. Turning to Bucky, you looked to where he was on one knee, a beautiful diamond ring held out to you.

"Y/n when I first came to the tower I had no idea who I was but I knew that I'd been through hell, you could have backed away and been scared of me, but you didn't, you are one of the kindest, most beautiful people I've ever met,you make me happier than I ever thought I could be, and I can't imagine not waking up to you, because I love you, more than you will ever know, I want to spend the rest of my life with you," he said, tears glistening in his eyes. You smiled as you began to cry, "Y/n, will you marry me?" 

You didn't even need a second to decide your answer. Because Bucky was your soulmate, "Yes," you said, Bucky smiled, and his eyes twinkled as he slid the ring onto your finger. Before grabbing your waist and kissing you sweetly. Like the perfect love story. 

"I love you doll," he said, wrapping his arms around you.

The rest of the party went on, it was more just a gathering. You could tell that Steve was nervous, not talking to anyone, so you went over to him. "Are you okay Steve?" you said, before he could answer, you heard a notification on your dad's phone.

"Yeah we got a missile heading straight for the tower" said Tony, almost calmly. Your eyes locked on Bucky's, and he smiled at you apologetically. Of course this day couldn't go to plan. And you knew that you would have to leave the tower straight away, because you were technically a civilian. 

"Who fired it?" said Nat as everyone started to gather equipment.

"HYDRA," said Tony. You looked over to Bucky, fear highlighted in his eyes. Your heart broke, why did everything have to be so complicated? Why couldn't you just have a simple party without the tower exploding and Bucky having to fight the people who captured him when he just got engaged? 

He made his way over to you, "Sorry Doll," he said, you followed him into the elevator, and you went to get out so you could help him gather his uniform, but he stopped you from getting out, "You need to get out of here and run as far as you can, Promise me" he said.

"Bucky stay with me," you said, almost pleading.

"You know I can't doll," he said, placing a kiss on your cheek, "Promise me as soon as you get out the tower, you'll leave, go somewhere safe, I'll find you," he walked out the elevator and a tear started to make their way down your face. Bucky looked back at you and smiled before the doors shut. Leaving you alone. Again. 

As soon as you got to the bottom of the tower, you got in a cab and told them to take you to JFK airport. The driver looked at you uncertainly, but started driving all the same. You watched as the tower started to become further. You waited to see a missile strike it but it didn't. You knew Bucky's job as an avenger was dangerous, but to think he was in the tower when there was a missile heading towards it filled you with fear and uncertainty. 

When you got to the airport, you bought a ticket for Malibu, your dad's mansion. You didn't want to go but Tony would know that you had gone there and would be able to find you. A lot of confused people were staring at you, five months pregnant, wearing a yellow dress, covered in blue confetti and holding nothing but your phone.

When your flight was called, you looked back to the tv, but the missile still hadn't hit the tower You wanted to know that everyone was safe but you knew that no-one would answer their phone. With one last look back to the tv, you headed onto the flight. Not knowing who you would see again and when you would see them again. You couldn't cry. Not here, not now. You just had to hope that everyone would be okay. And that you would be back with your family as soon as you could. 

This was just a temporary thing. You would be back with them as soon as you knew it. And you knew that Bucky would search till he found you. Everything was going to be okay. Everything was going to work out. You stepped onto the plane, the tower now faint from here. But nothing had happened yet. Who knows what you'll find out when you land.