Chapter One

You rolled over to see a response to your email, clambering out of bed and running your hands through your messy hair you sat down at your desk and read through. Since the avengers were ever growing you had become more and more necessary to keep the ordinary things going. You saw yourself as an assistant, not that you didn't mind, you just weren't allowed to be an avenger. Your dad, Tony Stark, was very protective like that. Most of the time you dealt with the press, conferences, ran the social media, dealt with news articles and anything anyone needed doing.

Seeing an incoming phone call from the bank you picked it up and wandered up to the kitchen. "I understand that she's under eighteen, but given Mr Stark has signed the papers it should become one of your primary problems to get this card out to us," you said, the bank had been refusing to give out a credit card for Wanda to the avengers fund. She had moved in a few weeks ago after the whole thing with Ultron and the bank were being stuck up. You noticed Steve, he had a mug of coffee in front of him and some toast but he was looking outside. "Can you hold?" you said.

You went over to Steve and put down your phone, "Everything okay?" you asked, starting to make some more coffee.

"I guess," said Steve, you raised an eyebrow at him, "I mean I'm just nervous," he said. You thought back to yesterday, what was happening today. "They found Bucky," he said. You almost dropped the pot of coffee.

"Well isn't that a good thing? Finally getting to see him again after all this time," getting Steve to open up to you had at first been hard but sometimes he would seek you out to talk to you, often he just liked sharing his memories of the war. Bucky was his best friend, but was also now the Winter Soldier. He'd been searching for him for a while. And now they'd finally found him. 

"I don't know," said Steve, "I guess it's just nerves," you knew to not push it any further. Steve was one who liked to solve his own problems. But he knew that he could always come and find you and talk to you if he needed. 

You picked up the phone and continued to fight with the bank. You got to your room on the twelfth floor and, noticing Nat, waved, "I'm saying, I do not want to come down there, so send me out this card," you hung up and sighed. Dealing with the avengers problems and needs was not easy, but it gave you something to do. Since Tony shut down Stark Industries, you still had stocks to buy from people so you owned one hundred percent of the company and he could do what he liked with it. Not only did you deal with that, you also cooked and bought groceries. It was a busy life.

"You sound busy," said Nat.

"I always am," you laughed, "You hear the news about Barnes?" you assumed that she would be helping Steve find him. A year or so back, Nat, Sam and Steve had all been attacked by the Winter Soldier. So you thought that they would be the one to find him, so Bucky knew that the avengers weren't a threat. 

Nat looked confused, "They found him, I guess Steve and Sam will be taking the jet to get him later," you said.

"Where was he?" she asked.

"I don't know," you opened your bedroom door and went inside. Pulling out a blazer and a pencil skirt you slipped it on with a vest top before setting up your PC. The to-do list was still growing and you hadn't even seen your dad yet.

After responding to some emails, you decided to get some breakfast. Most of the avengers would probably be training now. You went up to the kitchen. Steve and Sam were talking so you tried not to seem like you were listening in. "I just think we might be able to get a better view with that," said Sam.

You looked out the window and watched New York. "I don't know," said Steve. The avengers always had their own conversations, and you never really listened. But this seemed important. Probably something to do with Bucky.