Chapter Eighteen

"It's positive," you said, coming out the bathroom, to show Bucky who was stood waiting outside the door. 

"It is?" he said.

"We're gonna have a baby Bucky," you said, you watched his face light up with happiness. He kissed you. You were going to start a family with him. This was the best day of your life, everyday with Bucky just got better. 

----------

"So how exactly do we tell your dad without him murdering me?" said Bucky, as you watched him making gingerbread cookies. He was making a huge mess and there was flour everywhere, but watching him try and work out how to make gingerbread was adorable. You had helped him at the start, but he was actually pretty good at baking. 

"We don't," you said, this was the part that made you nervous, you knew that your dad was only just getting used to the idea of you and Bucky, never mind you being pregnant with Bucky's baby.

"I think they might work it out eventually," he said, cutting gingerbread people out of the dough, "I know you're nervous doll," nervous was an understatement. You were scared to death of telling your dad. To tell anyone. You were extremely happy to be having a baby with Bucky. Just telling people scared you. 

"Yeah because he's going to kill us both," you said. 

"Come on it won't be that bad," he said, "We'll just get him like a best grandpa mug for Christmas or something," maybe introducing Bucky to Pinterest this early had been a mistake. He also spent hours scrolling through it, and even had boards. Which was the most adorable thing ever. 

"So he can throw something at you?" you asked. 

"Come on, It can't be that bad," he said, putting the cookies in the oven.

"Do you even remember my dad?" you said, "The overprotective one," you heard the door open and Steve and Sam come in. Bucky looked over to you, you still had your head in your hands. You swallowed nervously, knowing that the conversation would resume as soon as you two were alone again. 

"You feeling better?" said Steve as he started to make some coffee. You were trying not to be sick but it was such a strong smell. 

"Not really," you said, leaving the kitchen.

"Come on Doll," said Bucky, following you out into the elevator, "It's gonna be fine," it clearly wasn't. This was like a huge thing, you were gonna be a mom. If your dad didn't kill you first. Bucky tried holding your hand but you pulled away from him. When you got out the elevator you went into your room and shut the door, it was hard not to cry. 

You heard Bucky outside your room, you opened the door and threw your arms around him, letting the tears from your eyes stain his shirt. "It's gonna be okay doll," he said, "I promise," 

------------------

You waited for your dad to come back from the mission, pacing up and down the kitchen. You could tell Bucky was getting annoyed at you because you kept getting in his way while he was trying to ice the gingerbread people. You noticed the team were starting to come in because it was almost dinner. "What's wrong?" said Wanda, sitting down at the kitchen island. 

"Nerves," you said, she looked confused but started eating one of Bucky's gingerbread people. 

"Doll will you please stop," Bucky said calmly, putting his arm round your shoulder, "It's gonna be fine," you were shaking with the nerves, you knew that telling the team before your dad got back was a bad idea but you couldn't keep throwing up without any explanation. 

"I don't want to tell them," you told Bucky as Wanda left the kitchen, "I want to tell Nat first," 

"We'll wait then," he said, he watched as you messed with the sleeve of his hoodie that you were wearing before wrapping his arms around you, "You want to go for a walk?" he said. 

"Yeah," you said, he took your hand and you left the tower. The cold of the winter air hit you as you stepped outside the tower, but you didn't mind. You stopped shaking with nerves as you started to breath properly again. 

"I don't want to tell my dad," you said, as you walked further from the tower, "I'm too scared Bucky," 

"I know you're scared doll," he said, "But he's your dad, he won't be mad," you almost laughed, your dad was going to be furious. You didn't really care what he thought though, it was your life after all, and you wanted Bucky and your baby to be in it. But you also did care what he thought, and you also didn't want to be kicked out the tower. Or lose your relationship with your dad. 

"He's definitely going to be mad," you said, "I just want him to be there for me," you still wanted to live in the tower, still wanted to be his assistant and you still wanted to see your family, the avengers, every day. 

Bucky stayed in silence as you walked round the buildings that made up New York city. The snow had left a white blanket on everything and it looked beautiful. The city was full of shoppers, buying last minute gifts and everywhere you looked a Christmas Tree was covered in fairy lights and tinsel. "I love you doll," said Bucky, "And if your dad wants to be a jerk and get mad at you I'll always be here for you," 

"I know," you said, "I love you too," he wrapped his arm around you tighter, pulling you in closer to him, "I'm just nervous that's all, but I'm really happy that we're doing this together," he smiled at you. AAAAA HE'S SO ADORABLE. 

"Do you want a drink or something?" said Bucky, "Or is everything still making you feel sick?" 

"No I'm fine," you said, "I feel better for the walk," the thing about Bucky was that he had it worse than you, he was weighed down with scars and trauma from his past, but he cared about you. He would rather push his own problems away than have you suffer. As much as you tried to get him to open up, it was hard, but it would take time and you knew that. Both of you knew that. 

"Let's get back to the tower before you freeze then," he said, you looked at the man you loved and realised that you didn't need anything else from the world, you only needed him.