Chapter 14: Longing

"No matter where you go you will always be in my heart."
~Anthony T. Hincks~

"H-hello? C-can I stay here for a while Mrs.?" A young boy questioned the woman that opened the door for him.

The woman's heart ached seeing the young boy's state. It is raining heavily and the young boy is drenched from head to toe. He is also shivering like a leaf.

The woman smiled kindly before opening the door widely, giving the boy enough space to enter the woman's household.

"Ofcourse, Kookie. You are welcome here anytime you want." The woman smiled and led the young boy inside her humble home.

Inside the house, Jungkook felt more safe. He is still shivering from getting drenched by the heavy rain but atleast he's now inside a shelter. A cozy warm home to be exact.

"I will tell my son to lend you some of his clothes. Shower now or you'll get sick. The bathroom is located at the end of that corridor. It's the gray door on the left." The woman stated and Jungkook immediately thanked her.

"Thank you for letting me stay again, Mrs. Bang." Jungkook muttered timidly and the woman sighed before pinching the young boy's cheek.

"Go now Kookie. I'm going to introduce you to someone after you finished showering." The woman smiled and Jungkook nodded before running to the bathroom.

Across the door to the bathroom is another gray door. Jungkook, who got confused where is the right door to the bathroom, opened the door he suspected to be his destination.

He took a quick peak inside to see if he went to the right door and accidentally knocked over something that's leaning on the doorway.

"Sofia! No!" A high pitched voice screamed and then a loud crash is heard.

Jungkook, without wasting a second dashed to the other door locking it, making sure that whoever is behind the door he accidentally opened, did not caught him entering the bathroom.

A loud cry echoing throughout the walls make him more terrified than he already is.

"Mom! Dad! My Sofia broke!" The person he didn't even get a glimpse of cried out.

Jungkook heard foosteps rushing towards the direction and that's when he tiptoed away from the bathroom door and to the shower.

Jungkook went out of the bathroom wearing fresh clothes from Mrs. Bang's son. He carefully walked towards the living room where he found Mrs. Bang talking to a sulking girl.

The girl, upon the young boy's sudden appearance, frowned seeing someone unfamiliar inside their family's household. She slightly tug on her mother's shirt and pointed at the young boy.

"Ma, woo ish he?" The little girl asked with her baby voice.

Her mother, Mrs. Bang, then looked towards the area her little girl is pointing and saw the young boy she invited in earlier.

"Kookie!" Mrs. Bang called. "Come here and meet my baby."

Jungkook hesitantly walked towards the duo, thinking that the girl must be the one who cried earlier when he opened the door across the bathroom.