Chapter 4: Fight

"We fight for what we believe and we protect what we value."
~RG2108

"No."

My lover's uncle raised a brow. "What do you mean by that, Miss Y/N?"

No more professionalism involve. "No. I won't break up with the president."

His eyes darkened. "Did you just defy me, Miss? I hope I just misheard your words."

I tsked. "Are you deaf? I said I won't end my relationship with your nephew."

The man in his late fifties suddenly banged his table making me flinch. "You don't understand, do you? Companies do partnerships and something needs to be done to get a good company as an ally. I need Jungkook to seal the deal between Mr. Lee's company and ours, so our company would remain the best of the best."

I frowned. "What should that thing do with me breaking up with the president? I'm quite confident that Jungkook could seal the deal with Mr. Lee's company in just a blink of an eye."

The elder man sighed and pinch the bridge of his nose. Seems like I'm giving him a headache. Good for him. "He could, if he agrees to marry Mr. Lee's eldest daughter." Mr. Hwang stated before locking eyes with me.

I'm the first to look away. No. There's no way I'll let her be with him again.

"Excuse me, Mr. Hwang but I think I need to get back to my work." I said, bowing after but before I could even get out of the door he spoke again.

"I wish to hear good news from you tomorrow, Ms. Y/N. You'll get promoted as soon as I hear about the good news, I promise."

Closing the door behind my back, I stumbled a little because my legs feels like jelly.

Mr. Lee's eldest daughter.

Lee Ji Eun.

Shaking the thought away, I decided to head out to have my lunch since it's past noon already. Walking inside the lift, I felt a presence behind my back making me tilt my head to the side to see who's there.

No one.

But.... I heard footsteps didn't I?

Shaking my head again, I took a few deep breaths before continuing my pace. Maybe I'm just overthinking.

Pressing the Ground Floor button in the lift, I caught a glimpse of something moving towards me before a hand suddenly stopped the elevator from closing making me step back and press myself in the cold elevator walls.

Familiar doe eyes locked with mine the moment the elevator doors opened again for the newcomer.

"You look like you just saw a ghost." The man stated. "Do my handsomeness still shock you, sweetheart?" My lover queried, standing close next to me.

Releasing the breath I didn't know I was holding, I rolled my eyes before putting some distance between the two of us.

That did not stop him from moving closer to me.

"Jungkook move, your squeezing me." I hissed, glaring at him.

He raised a brow, cocking his head to the side.

"Did you just call me by my first name, Ms. Bang?"

My left eye twitched but I suppress myself from rolling my eyes at him. I stayed quiet knowing that he's anticipating for an answer.
I know that style, Jeon, I won't fall for it again.

After sometime, my lover nudged my side using his elbow but I acted like I didn't feel anything. Then in the blink of an eye, a curse left my mouth when I lost my balance. Thankfully, my lover catched me before I come in contact with the cold floor.

"Why would you nudge me that hard?! Are you nuts?!" I whisper hissed before shoving his arms and standing properly.

"I'm sorry, I didn't think that you'll fall because you didn't even budge when I nudge you softly." He apologizes, but the little smirk playing on his lips says a different story.

"There's a camera just above you Mr. Jeon. Keep your hands to yourself."
I remarked before stepping out of the lift.

He stepped out of the elevator after I did, walking right next to me. I glanced around and saw some familiar faces sparing us a glance or some looks I don't want to elaborate.

"May I ask why the president of this company is walking beside me at the moment?" I asked not even looking at the person walking beside me.

"Are you going to eat alone?" He asked, glancing at me.

"No. I'd eat with some of my co-workers." I answered, glancing at him to see his reaction.

A small smile etched his lips. "Good to here then. I'm having lunch with Mr. Lee and a guest as what my secretary told me. Enjoy but don't eat with guys, ok?"

I nodded and that's when we part ways. I assume that he's going to his car with his secretary to have his lunch with Mr. Lee.

That reminds me.

Lee Ji Eun is here. And I'm sure that she's the 'so-called' guest.

Jungkook, please be alright.

Sighing again, I made my way out of the building towards the nearby restaurant.

I lied to Jungkook earlier, I ain't having lunch with some co-workers. I'm eating alone.

To get to my destination I need to cross the highway. While waiting for the traffic lights to turn red, a black unfamiliar van suddenly came to a halt infront of me.

The door of the van opened and then I was being pulled towards it against my will all of a sudden.

"What are you doing? Let me go!" I yelled, struggling to get free.

"Stop struggling!" The one holding me yelled making me flinch.

"Where are you taking me?!" I yelled still trying to free myself from the iron like grip I was in.

"Somewhere far. Drug her." The one driving the van ordered then a handkerchief was place on my nose making me lose my consciousness.

I curse the one who invented the chemical rohypnol.

I woke up in an unfamiliar place, my hands and feet tied together. Observing my surroundings, I notice that I'm inside a yacht.

Not long after I woke up, the door burst open revealing one of the men that kidnapped me I assume.

"What are you going to do with me?" I asked, sitting up.

"Ask our boss." He said before dragging me outside.

Outside, the sunset looks beautiful but the silhouette beneath it looks nothing but wicked.

"Ji Eun." I muttered under my breath.

The silhouette turned revealing the beautiful face of a porcelain like woman.

"Y/N." She hissed.

"You're so wicked, let me out of this!" I yelled struggling to stand because of my bounded feet.

"Darling, Jungkook and I are marrying soon. You should attend the grand wedding." Ji Eun stated, smirking.

"You wish, let me go!" I spat, glaring at her.

"Untie her." She ordered and one of her men untied the ropes binding my hands and feet.

"Because you wish for me to let you go, I'm granting you a wish." Ji Eun said then she pushed me making me fall on the saltwater.

I can't swim.

I panicked when I hit the cold water. I tried swinging my hands and feet back and forth to stay up but it's useless.

I can't swim.

"Jungkook's mine. And you're better dead, Y/N." Ji Eun's last words ringed in my head repeatedly when I started sinking in the depths of the ocean.

I'm sorry Jungkook, I can't protect you from her when I can't even protect myself.

I'm sorry.

I love you.

Then I closed my eyes embracing my death.