Chapter 20: Pillars

"children make prayers so thoughtlessly, building them up like sandcastles - and they are always surprised when suddenly the castle becomes real, and the iron gate grinds shut."

~ Catherynne M. Valente~

This is not what I expected.

A few hours prior, I was stunned and expected the priest-like man named Namjoon to sentence my execution. He made his distaste for me clear when he said that I wasn't a part of this place. But, it turns out that he's just not that fond of people not wearing the uniform inside the castle. That's why before even getting the chance to talk to him about my current situation, he ordered the douche guard to hand me to a maid that would "groom" me.

The maid is also a bitch. I remember her laughing when the douche guard shoved me inside one golden room. She also tried forcing me into a very revealing tangerine clothing but thanks to Namjoon's orders, I was instead given a much more comfortable golden long gown that's only revealing my neckline and collar bone. It has a high slit that ends just below my hip bone but I couldn't care less about that because it'll only show the skin if I sat down.

I think she also planned on making me bald but then again, thanks to the priest-like man, I was out of the room I was shoved in with my h/c hair still intact. She even had the nerve to bid me a sickening sweet goodbye and showered Namjoon with numerous compliments. Then, when the priest-like man turned his back to us, she shot me a glare which I reciprocated before walking away towards Namjoon.

Namjoon walked through several hallways covered in the deep yellow color with me trailing behind him. He was the only one who acted decent to me in this place so I kept my lips sealed even though I think that he'd keep on walking for hours. Yet after some more walking, passing endless trails of pillars, I tripped on the golden stilettos the bitch maid gave me. My ankle feels like it's gonna detach itself from my feet and I couldn't help but wince. Looking at the twisted joint, I saw that it started swelling making me grimace.

The loud thud of my fall seemed to make the priest-like man halt in his steps. He turned my way but he didn't lend me a hand or helped me up, instead he stared at me and I helplessly stared back at him.

"Wouldn't you help me up?" I asked, flinching at the ounce of embarrassment I felt after spoking such words.

"Stand." Namjoon stated and snapped his fingers.

I stared at him cluelessly before mentally giving myself a facepalm. Maybe he's not aloud to touch me? Because he's really a holy being?

He turned around and continued walking. I sighed before standing to my feet and following the priest-like man.

Wait—

I'm walking.

I'm walking and I can't feel any pain on my ankle anymore.

Glancing back at my feet, my eyes almost popped out of its sockets when no sign of injury was present in my line of vision. I even took the chance on lifting it to further inspect the once swelling area.

"Are you done yet inspecting your feet, darling?" Namjoon asked.

Looking up, I blushed under his amused eyes and because of the use of endearment. He chuckled, showing two dimples that are very attractive in my eyes.

"W-what—" He interrupted my question.

"I'm the sorcerer of this castle." He answered the question that I was about to ask earlier.

"Oh." I said, my lips parting in awe.

"Close." Namjoon muttered and my mouth automatically clamped shut making my teeth grit harshly. Scrunching my nose, I tried glaring at the man who just made my mouth close with the use of his magical powers. A look of pure amusement is now dancing across his attractive features.