Chapter 10: Stars

"For my part I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of the stars makes me dream."
~Vincent Van Gogh~

A/N: I don't know but I think it'll be great to listen to City of stars in this chapter ;)

Stars.

Small bright dots that covered the skies at night.

Or

Famous people that shines wherever they go.

That's the best meanings for stars right?

"Aren't they pretty, lassie?" Yoongi asked from behind me.

I shook my head. "They aren't."

Yoongi raised a brow, taken a back.

"It's not that I don't find them pretty." I said turning to look at him. "It's just I don't define them as that."

A small smile made it's way on his features. "You sure define it in an extravagant way."

I nodded, fixing my gaze in the stars above us. "I didn't know that I could see this much stars in one place." I breathed out. "It looks so serene and peaceful here."

"We're under the Milky Way." Yoongi replied, admiring the stars. "This part of Tethys has the best view but no one knows except me." He chuckled. "I mean you and me."

"How come no one knows before you? I'm sure many other sailors had been here before." I teased.

"That's true. Many others knew about this location but they're all rotting away in the ocean's seafloor." Yoongi muttered bitterly.

I frowned shifting my gaze to the man beside me. Yoongi didn't kill them. I'm sure that he's not responsible for their death. "What happened to them?"

His eyes had a faraway look. He is not focusing on the stars anymore. He's just looking at them but his mind is somewhere else.

"Crocodiles once nested here." He narrated. "They drowned and ate my crew and sank my ship. I'm the only one who survived."

My eyes widened, taking in what he meant. He's a captain of a ship once but now he's just a captain. No crew. No ship.

"Crocodiles in Tethys are very different from crocodiles inhabiting by a riverside. They are bigger in size and fiercer in nature. They attacked my crew when we're distracted." He continued.

Staring at him made my eyes wander to the scar in his left eye. The scar looks old but deep. Although his left eye looks normal, the scar looks real but somehow out of place. I think he earned it from the encounter with the crocodiles.

I felt myself pitying him as more time passed by. Maybe, I should atleast give him the satisfaction of being called a captain. After all, he saved me from those dirty rats.

He caught me staring at him and he snickered. "Don't look at me like that, lassie. The last thing I'd want from people is pity and you looking at me like that makes me feel a tad bit of anger."

"I'm sorry." I muttered shifting my eyes again to look at the stars above us. "For making you uncomfortable and to what happened before."

He chuckled heartily. "The past is long gone. I can't turn back time and I won't mourn for a simple loss. I have the present and I know that as long as Tethys is welcoming me with its waves, I could and would still be a sailor. A captain."

I smiled at that. He's very dedicated. I wish I was like that.

"Let's stop talking about my tragedy." Yoongi chuckled again. "Let's just enjoy this beautiful moment while we can."