8.

10:14am.

Shit, it was 10:14am and I was still in bed. I said I wanted a lie in but I didn't mean till this late. I rolled over and grabbed my phone off the bedside table and checked for messages. As predicted I had a few messages from Luke.

Good morning, fancy a pool or beach day today?x

Are you up yet T? It's like 9?xx

Sorry I forgot you were having a lie in. My bad, go back to sleep xx

It's 10, are you coming down or what?xx

Luke was clearly rather desperate for some company so I quickly sent a reply.

Sorry Lukey, I really needed that sleep. I'll meet you in reception in 10. xx

I rolled out of bed and quickly got changed into a playsuit covered in palm trees, I'd blend in well today. I ran to the bathroom, brushed my teeth, washed, tied up my hair and applied a little make up. I picked up a clean towel off the shelf and grabbed a bottle of sun lotion. I rummaged through the drawers in the bathroom and came across a beach bag I forgot I had so I stuffed the towel and bits into it. I slipped on my flip flops and grabbed my phone, purse and keys, dumped them in the bag and left.

When I arrived in reception Luke was already there waiting for me, he saw me coming and walked over.

"What time do you call this then Tina?"

"Sorry, I didn't realise what the time wass"

"Whatevee you say. Anyway, all the sunbeds are full so we could go to the beach or?"

"Well I'm really hungry so can we go to the restaurant for food first?"

Luke nodded and we made our way over to the restaurant. I noticed that he seemed really quiet compared to normal and didn't seem up for a joke. We walked to the restaurant in silence and if I must say so myself it was rather awkward. After our walk to the other side of the hotel we arrived at the restaurant and my stomach began to rumble, making a small giggle escape Luke's lips.

We walked through the restaurant which wasn't that busy and got a table for 2 in the back corner out of the way. Luke sat down opposite me and pushed his glasses off his head.

"Hey um Tina, I thi-" but before Luke could continue, Calum came walking over interrupting our conversation.

"Oh hey Tina! What can I get you?"

"Hi Calum! Can I have a bottle of water please and a gyros( They are amazing!! If you don't know what they are, research, nicest thing ever!) please? Luke what are you having?"

"Um, just water please"

"Of course guy's, I'll be right back"

As Calum walked away from us Luke took a deep breath as if he was going to say something but no words left his lips.

"Hey Luke, is everything okay? You seem really quiet today?"

He sighed again before replying.

"Not really, it's a year today since my parents died"

Luke's parents were dead? I didn't know what to say. I reached my hand across the table and grabbed his but he looked at me and pulled his hand away.

"I'm so sorry to he-"

"I know T, you're so sorry to hear it, that's what everyone says"

"If you don't mind me asking, what happened to them?"

"They were coming home from the supermarket and I suppose there was a careless driver on the road that day. They crashed straight into the side of the car making it flip. My dad died almost instantly and mum died in a coma a few days later. My parents didn't have any siblings to look after us, they were only children and my grandparents were in no fit state to look after us. You know me and my older brothers took their deaths in different ways so we decided to sell the house but it took us a while to actually sell it, it didn't sell till December so then my oldest brother, Ben moved to Perth. He hasn't contacted me since he left. After the house sold, my other brother, Jack moved in with his girlfriend in Sydney which left the 18 year old me basically homeless so I moved in with Jack till around the end of May. We each got a third of the money made from selling the house so I decided to use that to move out of Sydney. I told Jack I was leaving and he was upset but told me it was probably for the best so I picked here, Corfu. I stayed in hotels for a while, and then I found this hotel. I stayed a few nights and then I realised they were advertising for jobs. I went to an interview and Michael gave me the job straight away. I've realised that if I keep this job, and with the money I have left from the house, I could make a living out here. I'm good now T, I have no problems and there's nothing I need to worry about. Today is just a really bad day for me, you know. They were great people and they looked after us as best as they could, they gave me everything I wanted but.. Fuck. Why did they have to go to the supermarket that day, um I'm sorry Tina I.. I need to go"