Chapter 5

Sooooo I'm sorry for saying XChara is a they. I know he's a he now. I will be referring to him as he. Also, for those of you who didn't know, XChara is a he. It's canon. So is XFrisk. 

In a grey world with yellow and purple flowers, Ink and a tall figure stand, talking.

"Overwrite." The unknown man says. "The power to completely change a timeline... The reality itself of an Alternate Universe..." He holds out a hand and a purple holographic button with the word OVERWRITE on it floats above it. "Th-That's how it will work with my future experiment." Ink stares at the button. 

"...Changing everything...? I don't know, I don't think that's okay..." Ink says. 

"It won't break the truce you made with that person. This is just like a game I want to explore." The two look over in the distance. A few yards away, two young boys stand next to each other. "I... Want to find the best for them." The man says. "Please, I need you to understand... I've always dreamed about creating something like this and... Thanks to you I got the perseverance I need. When I find the right timeline to execute it, I promise you that everything will be okay." Ink hesitates, then smiles and looks back at the tall man. 

"Alright, friend! I'll support you with whatever you need. Anything for your best creation!" 

-------------------------------------------------------

As the flashback ends, Chara opens his eyes. 

"...He wanted the best...  Hah. Look where we are now because of him." He says. "You're going to regret everything that you two did to us..." Chara reaches out a hand and the OVERWRITE button appears in front of him. "And I will start with all these timelines you two admired so much..." Underswap Chara opens their eyes. They remember that time... That time in the judgement hall. The blood splattered on the floor, Sans' shocked face as they took his life. But it's not just a memory. Chara has made Swap Chara relive that terrible thing. Swap Chara is being hugged by Papyrus. It turns out to be Swap Chara and Papyrus' blood that is pouring onto the floor. A bone is through both of them, impaling them. Chara watches from behind Swap Chara and Papyrus. "You weren't fast enough, other me." Chara says. Swap Chara looks up at their Papyrus, crying as blood drips from their mouth.

"Papyrus..." They say. Blue looks from a yard away, horrified at what he's done. Chara smiles. They are suddenly teleported away. Blue jumps up from behind Papyrus and Swap Chara, holding a sharpened bone, a blurry X across his eyes. Papyrus turns around, thinking it's Chara who's attacking, and sends a bone through Blue's stomach. 

Why is he torturing us...? Blue thinks. What did we do to him...? Papyrus reaches out a hand, horrified at what he's done. From further away, Nightmare releases his hold on Ink. 

"Hey." Nightmare says. He teleports next to Chara. "We agreed that you wouldn't kill anyone..." Chara smiles cruelly. 

"Don't worry, Nightmare. With this power, nobody will die in this timeline. Everybody will come back, and they will keep suffering as much as you want." Chara brings up the OVERWRITE button. "Though, thinking about it, a story where they kill each other is not enough." Chara presses the button. Blue, Papyrus and Swap Chara fall to the ground. Blue looks at Chara. 

How's this giving them satisfaction? He thinks. 

"Haha... So you are Cross's secret talent, huh?" Nightmare asks Chara. 

"I'm not part of that stupid skeleton." Chara says as he walks toward the group. As he walks away, he brings up the OVERWRITE button again. "He locked me inside his body thinking I wouldn't cause any more trouble..." Chara walks past Blue and the others. "...But the poor guy had to depend on me for everything." Papyrus suddenly morphs into an amalgamate creature. He roars at Swap Chara. Swap Chara tries to escape, but they can't move. As the melted creature smashes the ground, Blue rushes past and carries Swap Chara out of the way.