Chapter 3.5

AIGHT. LES GO

In Underfell's Waterfall, Sans sits in a field of Echo Flowers, sleeping. He opens his eyes and looks next to him.

"So, you decided to follow me, huh?" He says. His eyes widen. Next to him stands a child. They look like Frisk, but they are grey and their eyes are black, with no pupils or irises. 

"When he is distracted you can attack him and try to get your SOUL back." The child says. "That way you can release other SOULs corrupted by the X-Event. I'm sorry THEY involved you in this. It's THEIR fault, not yours." 

"HEY!" Red yells. He runs up to Sans. "Huff... Finally I found ya." He leans on a rock to catch his breath. "I don't have any choice but to stay with you, weirdo." Red walks over and sits down next to Sans. 

"Welp, I hope this won't be a problem because we have to stay here until Ink returns." Sans says. 

"It's their fault. Not yours." The Echo Flowers repeat what the grey child had said. "It's their fault." Sans and Red sat in silence, listening to the Echo Flowers around them. 

"Knock knock." Sans says with a cheeky (lol get it) smile on his face. 

"Not now." Red responds. 

"Knock knock." Sans says, persisting. 

"... Who's there." Red says, giving in. 

"Boo." 

"Boo who." 

"Hey man, don't cry, it's just a knock knock joke." Sans winks and smiles. 

"Knock knock." The Echo Flowers repeat the joke. Red covers his ears. 

-----------------------------------------

In a place surrounded by water with a beautiful sunset, Ink dangles from a web of blue cords, tied up. He kicks his legs a little, making the cords sway. 

"You can untie me now, Error..." He says. Another skeleton drops down, using the blue cords as a type of swing. 

"I can see that our last encounter didn't affect you as I expected." Error says. "...You can't learn anything from this, can you?" The blue cords recede, letting Ink free. Ink shakes his arms to get the feeling back in them. "I'm really impressed, Ink. You're putting Classic Sans' life at risk to stop that stupid anomaly." Error says sarcastically. "Are you afraid that you can't do it on your own? Or do you just wanna play those weird games you learned from that guy?" Error says, smiling. 

"ARE THOSE NEW CLOTHES!?" Ink says, as if he hadn't heard anything Error just said. "Heheh, you're like a hobo. Looks so comfy!" Ink says as he pokes and grabs at Error's scarf and coat. 

"Agh! Are you even listening to me!?" Error says, grabbing his scarf from Ink. "Let's cut this stupid moment. I'll get straight to the point." A SOUL comes down, bound by blue cords. Half of it is white, the other half red. "I should have destroyed this thing a long time ago... But I haven't yet for just one reason. We made a truce, Ink. 'No more creation, no more destruction'."

"Did we make that? Pff, I don't remember."

"EVERYTHING WAS FINE UNTIL YOU MET A NEW AU AND YOU STARTED BOTHERING ME AGAIN!!!" Error says, throwing his hands up. 

"Such good times!" Says Ink. 

"NO! YOU STARTED TALKING TO ME ALL THE TIME ABOUT YOUR NEW FRIEND AND HIS STUPID INTERESTING GAMES, AND AFTER THAT DISGUSTING WORLD WAS CORRUPTED, YOU JUST DECIDED TO PROTECT THAT ANOMALY CALLED CROSS!" 

"I know! we can be scarf pals now!!" Ink says, not paying attention.  

"You're scheming something, aren't you? That's why I've decided to intervene. I don't think you're with those anomalies just to stop Cross... You're doing this for something other than a 'Heroic Act'." Error smiles. "If you're thinking to make more anomalies... You'll regret having broken our truce. I swear to you." Error takes his hands out of his pockets and creates two small portals looking into two AUs. "I could easily take EVERYBODY as my puppets, erase EVERYTHING forever..." In the right portal a skeleton wearing a backwards hat and glasses spelling YOLO wanders into Ink's view. Error keeps talking. "... But I wanna see the game you started playing." The YOLO skeleton looks around, smiling. "When I discover the secret to that X-Event thing, I'll be ready to have FUN like the old times..." The YOLO skeleton did finger guns at Ink and his glasses changed from YOLO to SUP INK. Ink was smiling and trying not to laugh. 

"Sure Error. Whatever. Can I leave now?" He said. Error closed one of the portals. 

"Get out of my sight before you puke on me or something." Error says. Ink steps through the portal to Underfell. 

--------------------------------

"Alright. Now you look like you were just painted! Heheh!" Ink says to Red after painting up his ripped hoodie. "Well, now you can hide away from your brother for the rest of your life." 

"Uh... Actually... I don't..." 

"Edgy me wants to come with us. He's afraid of being alone and he wants to give Cross a kick in the butt for humiliating him." Sans says from a few yards away. 

"HEY!" Red yells. 

"R-Really? WOAH! GREAT! WE'LL BE LIKE A TEAM! I THINK THAT... I THINK THAT I'M REALLY EXCITED RIGHT NOW!" A gurgle comes from inside Ink. 

"Oh no, he's gonna throw up..." Sans says as the black substance gushes out of Ink's mouth. 

"What the heck is wrong with you!?" Red says as he backs away. 

"You'll get used to it." Sans says, laughing a little. "Hey Ink, where are we going now?" 

"Cross must have returned to his world along with the Snowdin from this place." Ink says.

"WHAT!? What do you mean by that!? I saw how he destroyed everything!" Red says.

"It's not like that. He actually took Snowdin's code and transferred it to his empty world. I understand everything now. He'll take fragments from every AU to rebuild his world because... Wait, what were we talking about again...?" Ink loses his train of thought. 

"If Cross is there, then we should surprise him before he goes to another AU." Sans says. 

"It's not possible. It's a completely huge and empty world... So finding Cross and Snowdin would take us too much time and... We simply can't risk ourselves like that. You only have half of your SOUL." 

"Hey, I don't have all day. Are we going or what?" Red cuts in. 

"......... I don't know which AU Cross could head to..." Ink says, his arms crossed. 

"I do." Says an echoey voice. 

"Dream? Is that you?" Ink asks. 

"If I can't go with you, then I'll look over Cross and my brother as an advantage."

(HOLY SHIT GUYS MY TEACHER IS MOUTH BREATHING IN ZOOM SHE'S NOT MUTED I'M WEARING HEADPHONES EWWWWWWWWWWW)

Dream hides behind a tree in Cross' world. 

"Dream... Thank you..." Ink says. "Please. Tell me everything you know." 

1135 words. why do i do this to myself. i'm supposed to be in school. actually i know why i do it. because i'm frickin bored :D