Chapter Five

"Hey! You're finally back!"
Yacht greeted me with a smile which I replied with a raised eyebrow. "You? Being glad that I'm back?" I pointed towards him and back at me, in disbelief. He wrapped his arm around my shoulder and pretended to be hurt. "I need a day off yknow?" I rolled my eyes and shaked him off. Ever since Boun started teaching me, I barely had time to relax and go to the cafe. Since he had some business to attend to, I took the opportunity to relax by working at the cafe.

"You sure that you don't want to stay at home?" Yacht asked worriedly as I put on my apron. I nodded as I gave him a reassuring smile. I took a whiff of the aroma of coffee beans which I missed so dearly filled the air. It was a familiar scent and atmosphere that makes me feel cozy. I gave Yacht a sign that he could leave which he immediately reacted to in response. I chuckled at his quick reaction as I wiped the counter.

As I heard the door open, a group of men that had a daunting look on their faces and were heavily built entered. I felt a chill run down my spine as I made eyecontact with one of them. Still, I put on a smile as I greeted them. They ordered as per normal which made me relieved. But I didn't expect it to go downhill as one of them came up to me, declaring I got his order wrong.

"Why is the coffee so bitter?"

I plastered on a smile as I directed him to the packets of sugar. He frowned, clearly displeased and threw his iced americano on the ground. The scene made all eyes on us which nearly gave me a heart attack. His friends cheered at him which made him grow a smirk. This mess made me want to cry uncontrollably. I couldn't run away or hide if I wanted to. I was stuck there, completely hopeless. Before I could take another breathe, a bunch of security guards came in and cuffed the group of men. It was all too fast for me to process and in a blink of an eye, they were gone. It thankfully made me feel better as everyone was back doing their own business. The rest of the day went by smoothly as the smiles of satisfied customers pleased me. It was 9pm when I locked the cafe door and went on my way home.

I noticed a black van following next to me at my pace. I stopped walking and the van came to a hault. The door slided open and out came Boun. He ordered me to come in which I refused without hesitance. Boun gave me an annoyed look before shoving me into the van. The ride was quiet and I didn't dare to speak a word. "Listen here. You're going to be a celebrity soon, meaning all eyes will be on you and if you go around always being in trouble, it'll cost you," Boun suddenly said. I quickly snapped my head around to him and argued back. "It wasn't my fault!"

"Well one thing's for sure, you can no longer work at the cafe." My face dropped as I heard what he said. I mumbled to myself as I wrapped my arms. Boun looked at me and sighed. "You idiot. Dont you understand it's risky? Your career would have ended before it even started if I didn't ask one of my guards to spy on you." I turned my head to the side and gazed out the window. I didn't even choose to be a celebrity and just wanted to live a normal life at the cafe, but I don't have a choice. I'm determined in my bet with Boun that I'll beat him. Not only that, when my Dad heard about me, he was ecstatic. Though we barely interacted, I still wanted to show him that I can do well on my own.

"Prem. Don't get into trouble again, do you understand?"