Chapter Three

Making sure I was at the right door, I knocked on it gently. But all I heard was ruckus so I decided to peak my head in. "What do you mean he backed out!? We were about to film!" Confusion was plastered on my face as the director, I assumed, was fuming. Boun was just sitting there, not giving a care as he swiped through his phone. Though I tried to not make any noise possible, the bloody door made a creeking sound which caught everyone's attention. Boun smirked as he got out of his seat and snatched the drink away. The director's face then lightened up and rushed over to me.

"You're perfect for the role!"
"But I'm just a cafe worker, sir."
"Oh, that doesn't matter."
Boun suddenly coughed before pointing towards me.
"He's the ceo's son, though."
"Even better! I'm sure your father would be delighted."

I was stood rooted to the ground. How should I feel? I got a chance to be in a drama with Boun but the setbacks is that I have not acted before and, Boun is a total douche. Okay, maybe I'm wrong. He might just has difficulty meeting new people. Yeah, that must be right. Before I could utter a word, a stack of papers were pressed against my chest. It was the lines for the drama. I silently scrolled through the papers and froze when I saw a kiss scene at the end.
"What are you looking at?" I instantly hugged the stack of papers while waving my hand continuously.
"N-nothing!" Boun raised an eyebrow as he dugged his hands deep inside his pockets. "I'm warning you. You better do well and not slack off because my reputation is on the line." I simply nodded my head in response as I gulped down on my own saliva. Was he always this scary?
...

I launched myself on my bed and groaned into my pillow in frustration. Suddenly, something came up in my head which made me panicked. I grabbed my phone and quickly dialed Yacht.

"Yacht! I'm so sorry! I forget to tell you I was not able to comeback to work. I was suddenly chosen to be a part of the cast and it was so hectic-"

Yacht: "Wait, what cast?"

"The series Boun is in, remember? The other male cast backed out and I replaced him."

Yacht: "I pity the director."

"Yeah, it must suck. It happened so sudden."

Yacht: "Oh. I didn't mean that, my friend."

"Wait- what?"

There left me, Prem Warut, confused as Yacht ended the call. Turning my body around and staring deeply at the ceiling, I was worried. I had to come practice my lines but I also had to take care of the cafe. It'll be hard to let Yacht on his own as we had only one other staff aside from him. I was contemplating on whether I should back out as well knowing the amount of pressure that I would face. My train of thoughts stopped as my stomach started to grumble. I walked towards the kitchen as I patted my belly. My eyes sparkled as I saw the cup noodle in the top cupboard. I attempted to reach for it but to no avail. A hand suddenly reached over me and grabbed it with ease. "Give it to me." I whined as I tried to reach for it. "I know you're thinking about backing out. Admit it. You're a weak little boy who is too scared to act." I tiptoed and snatched the cup noodle from him before looking at him straight in the eyes.

"Who said I wanted to back out?"