Chapter 15

✧༺Aurora༻✧

Once the sun rose again me and Koda decided to do a little training before anyone else got up, he says it would be better since no one could distract me. I have to say that he really took this training seriously.

"Concentrate Aurora." I nod.

Soon a bright glow illuminates from my palms.

"Good, now aim at the wall."

I take a deep breath and does what he says. Out of nowhere a blast shoots from my hands. The impact leaves a big hole in it, not a tiny one.

"Oh my god! I am so sorry Koda." I panic and turn to him. He only laughs and shakes his head.

"No need to apologize. That is what I wanted you to do, at least it wasn't a person."

"You're right."

"Although it seems that you're starting to gain a little control. But I did feel a little hesitation in your body movement so maybe try to relax next time...Unless you are nervous about something?" My eyes widen.

"How did you know?"

"It's written all over your face Aurora. You act all calm yet you appear so distant to the world, why is that?"

"Probably because I'm scared." I divert my eyes to the ground.

"Of what?" Koda pushes.

"Failing."

"Everyone experiences failure once in awhile, but what is important is no matter how many times you're pushed to the ground you need to get back up and keep trying. You were chosen for a reason Aurora, these powers you have are a gift. When you learn to master them you will accomplish great things. I believe in you and so does everyone in there." He points to the house.

"Y-You really think I can do it?" He nods.

"I never had a doubt."

"Thanks Koda." I pull him into a hug.

"Anytime."

"What is going on out here?" A voice speaks from behind us.

I quickly turn around to see Jaxon.

"Nothing, just getting a little training done." I tell him.

"Without me? I'm hurt." Koda bows his head.

"You're welcome to stay with us Alpha Jaxon but the training area is for the chosen ones only."

"Fucking whoops!" Zach chuckles as he goes to sit on the steps.

"But he's my mate and a great fighter."

"I'm sorry Aurora but a fighter without a mark is a liability and he doesn't have powers to defend making him also a liability to others."

"Yeah, liability." I roll my eyes at Zach's remark.

"Don't worry Aurora. I understand." Jaxon places a kiss on my cheek before going to sit next to Zach who earned himself a slap on the back of the head.

"Who's ready to get it on?" Hunter walks out the house with a cocky smirk on his face.

"You mean get your ass kicked?" Kiara runs past him.

"Hey, fuck you blondie!"

"Do they always act like this?" I whisper to Koda.

"Yes. It's quite annoying but they all care about each other very much." He grins.

"Let's go." Hunter jumps in the circle and so does Kiara.

"No bullshit, alright?" Kiara nods.

But as soon as hunter took one step towards her she swept her leg under his feet, making him fall flat on his back.

"Seriously?" Hunter groans, getting up well...Almost. Kiara performed the same move again.

"Is that the only fucking move you know?"

"Maybe if you try to fight back then I'll show you some different ones."

"You won't get me this time." Kiara goes for another swing but didn't extend her foot all the way. Hunter jumped to dodge it.

"Ha! Oh shit-

Kiara pulled her let out all the way and once again Hunter was down.

"Fuck!"

Me and Koda laugh hysterically while Hunter sulked out the circle in defeat.

"So," Kiara looks between me and Koda,"Who's next?"

//

So after I totally got my ass handed to me by Kiara it was dinner time and the whole gang was gathered around the table.

"How is your arm Aurora?" Koda asks, referring to the large cut that Kiara gave me.

"It's healing." I say.

"Good."

"I still can't believe that blondie over here beat my ass." Hunter pouts.

"Get used to it." Kiara winked.

"So what is the plan for tomorrow?" Jaxon asks.

"We will continue training and then test Aurora's powers against the beast." I choke on my water.

"The what?!" Zach tries to stifle his laughter.

"Each chosen one must test their powers to be deemed worthy in combat, so we use a creature that will test you."

"Is that really necessary?"

"Yes, we all had to do it and let me tell you that it's not fun but in the end you'll gain a better understanding of your abilities." Chase looks over to me.

"Okay...Then what kind of creature is it?" I ask Koda nervously.

"You'll see." Was all he said.

"Koda," I whine pathetically, "Why can't you just tell me what the hell it is?"

"Because if I do then I'm pretty sure you'll be very reluctant to fight it and we don't have time for any insecurities." I sigh.

"Okay."

"There's no need to worry cupcake. Koda's been doing this shit for years, he hasn't let us die yet."

"Well I wouldn't necessarily use that word but Chase is right."

"You'll be okay honey." Kiara places a hand on my shoulder for reassurance.

"No she won't." Hunter coughs.

"Do you ever shut the hell up?" The two start to bicker.

"Please not do this while at the dinner table, it's showing disrespect to the elders." Koda pinches the bridge of his nose.

I on the other hand couldn't help but shiver in slight fear at the events that will unfold tomorrow.

Shit is about to get real.

//

I thought those chapter was hilarious, anyone else?

Make sure to vote and comment what you think 🌹

Love you guys forever and always 💖