Chapter 24

✧༺Aurora༻✧

My legs pump violently as I carry an unconscious Kiara to the house. Tears clouded my eyes due to the intensity and fear of the whole situation. I was so pent up with rage and fear that I struck my best friend, the person who was trying to help me. Once I bursted through the door all the boys looked up from the couch and at me.

"Oh my God." Hunter rushed over and takes Kiara out of my arms.

"What the hell happened?" Chase asks.

"I-It was a accident...I didn't mean for it to happen."

"You did this?" Hunter growls as the other warriors take Kiara from him, most likely to the med bay.

"We were just talking and I got frustrated and then I just flipped." My heart beating fast.

"I don't care what the fucking reason was Aurora! You should have had better control of your emotions." That's when I hear Jaxon let out a startling growl.

"Don't speak to my mate that way."

"What are you going to do about it pretty boy?" Hunter spits.

Before Jaxon could take a step towards Hunter I stand between them.

"Look," I start,"I know we're all just worried about Kiara and a little upset but that doesn't mean we turn against each other, okay?" I look at the both of them.

They reluctantly nod.

"Good, now let's just calm down and maybe go for a run or something."

"I'll go alone. I think you had enough of the outdoors for one day." Hunter sends me a glare before walking out the door.

I sigh and look at Jaxon who only just shook his head but it wasn't in pity, instead it was disappointment.

"What?"

"Hunter is right, you knew better to be out in the woods alone yet with Kiara and your powers being out of control."

"Please don't tell me that you're taking his side." I laugh bitterly.

"I'm not but none of this would have happened if you just came and talked to me instead of someone else."

"Kiara is my friend."

"And I'm your mate!" He raises his voice.

"I'm the one who's suppose to protect you and be there for you but I can't do that if you don't let me in. We're in this together my love although it seems like you'd rather isolate yourself from people...From me." I frown.

"It's not like that at all Jaxon."

"Then please enlighten me on what is it then because I don't understand."

"All I an saying is that in order for me to defeat Harou I need to realize that you can't always fight my battles for me, I have to learn how to be independent and have faith in myself and I can't do that if you're there to save me every time." His face falls in sadness.

"So you don't need me."

"Jax-

"No, it's okay. I get it." And with that he walks out the room, leaving me standing alone.

//

Hours have passed since I arrived  back with Kiara. She's stable for now as she only suffered a few cracked ribs and a slight concussion. I felt terrible about what happened today but knew that none of it was on purpose or out of spite, only insecurity. My emotions were all over the place and seemed to get worse as the days went on. Maybe Jaxon was right, I probably wasn't cut out to be the chosen one. The place where I belong is home with the pack but my heart knew that I needed to be here. As for the other warriors they appeared to be a little more guarded around me like I was going to hurt them.

Or worse.

Although I couldn't blame them for being cautious around me since I didn't know what could happen if I got in any mood.

"Hey." I jump slightly in my chair at the sound of a deep voice.

Turning around I see Chase who was leaning against the door frame.

"You scared me."

"Sorry, I was just wondering if you wanted to come train with the other warriors and I?"

"No thanks. I'm pretty sure they're all afraid of me." My voice falters.

"You know that's not true."

"Then why is it that everytime I walk towards them they either go an opposite direction or stare at me?" I point out.

"Okay...Maybe they are a little scared." He says.

"Whatever I do around here always turns into chaos or trouble so I thought if I keep to myself then no one else would get hurt."

"It wasn't your fault Aurora. You know that and so does Kiara, accidents happen."

"But if they keep happening then someone's going to end up dead." Tears start to fall.

"Hey, hey." Two pairs of arms wrap around me.

"It's okay." Chase whispers in my ear as I cry into his shoulder.

"I-I don't know what to do anymore."

"Everything will be alright."

I sniffle,"How can you possibly know that?"

"Because a wise person once told me that no matter how much harm a person causes never outshines all the good that they have done. And you have done so much good for us and we'll forever be thankful." I smile.

"Thanks Chase."

"No problem. I know that you'll find the key to end this war."

"Then what should I do now?" I ask him.

"When the time comes you'll know exactly what needs to be done." He pats my shoulder before walking over to the door.

I take in his words and nod to myself

"Wait!" I stop him before he could leave.

"Yeah?"

"I think I'm up for a little spar."

//

I sincerely apologize for the wait. I was dealing with writer's block for awhile but I'm back now. And yes, this chapter's a little cheesy but the next ones will be action packed considering there's only a few more left before I wrap this story up.

I love you all and Happy Fourth Of July! 🎇 ❤