Chapter 27

✧༺Aurora༻✧

I pace back in forth, hoping to put my mind at rest from these doubts.

Hours have passed since I told the others of my plan and let me tell you that things weren't going exactly as I hoped. It turns out that Harou has left his pack and was heading towards us, sneaky bastard. Luckily one of our spies were able to escape and inform us. I was very worried to say the least. If this plan goes South then everything will go to shit and things will be even more difficult.

"Aurora." I stop my pacing and turn around to see Zach with a pitiful look.

"What is it now?"

"A bomb just exploded near the West Wing and we think it could be Harou trying to lure us out."

"Okay, take a few warriors to help put it out while I'll change into something more...Suitable." I say.

"Are you sure you want to go through with this? We can take this prick down together."

"No Zach. This is between me and Harou and I can't have anyone interfering." He sighs.

"But what if all this goes to hell? You know that there's no plan B."

"Then let's all just pray that nothing goes wrong." I walk past him and head towards the front.

"Hey girly." Kiara walks up to me.

"Hi."

"You look like shit, what happened?"

"I just have a lot on my mind right now."

"That's understandable."

"So where's Hunter?" I try to change the subject.

"He's helping the others put out the fire at the West Wing."

"Good."

"Speaking of my mate...Where's yours?"

"I wish I knew."

"He cares Aurora. You know he does and I'm sure in the end he'll be right by your side."

"I appreciate the sympathy Kiara but knowing Jaxon he's probably back at home with the pack. He told me that coming here was a bad idea but I didn't have no other choice and n-now," I take a deep breath before continuing,"Now he's gone a-and I'm all alone just like I was before I met him."

"Aurora." Kiara tries to grab my hand but I pull back.

"No, I'm fine. Let's just get this shit over with so we can all move on." I finally reach the front and my eyes widened at the scene in front of me.

Wolves surrounded us.

Each of them fighting against the warriors, who by the way weren't showing mercy.

"How did this escalate so fast?" Kiara whispers.

"Better question would be where the  hell is Harou?" My eyes glowed.

"I-I don't know but he has to be here somewhere."

"Go help them. I'll go find Harou."

"By yourself?"

"Don't question me!" I growl.

"O-Okay." Soon enough she runs off to join the fight while I'll try to find one of my own.

//

I've been walking for two hours and still no sign of Harou or any else for that matter. It just doesn't make any sense on how he would send his people to fight but not there to lead them.

Nothing is adding up.

As I walk over the wooden bridge a unfamiliar scent hits my nose. In a instant I turn around to see a woman that I've never seen before. She was dressed in an assassin's uniform and blood covered her face.

"Who are you?"

"I'm Azrael, top warrior to Alpha Harou."

I clench my fist.

"Where is he?"

"You really haven't pieced it together yet...Have you?" She laughs.

"Explain yourself."

"Harou knew you would be looking for him so he needed to buy a little bit of time before facing you."

"And his idea of a distraction was to have two packs collide? That's pretty far-fetched if you ask me."

"Actually it was quite the opposite," I tilt my head in confusion,"Battling all of you would be a challenge so he  needed to get you alone with him and you know what they say, take out the queen and all the chess pieces fall along with it."

"If that was his master plan then why lead me at to the woods...And you?"

"Well I wanted to kill you but I'll let my Alpha have the honors of doing that. I'm here to deliver a message."

"Which is?" I start to grow impatient.

Azrael grinned, "Go home."

"What?"

"That is where this whole war started, Aurora. The place where you were brought into the world...The exact place where your mother died."

"Don't you bring her into this!"

"Looks like I struck a nerve," She shrugged, "Well I've done my job."

Suddenly black smoke clouded my vision, causing me to fall to the ground.

I cough violently as I tried to clear the mysterious mist from my throat. When I finally came back to my senses Azrael was nowhere to be seen. I stand up and think over her words that pondered around in my head.

Home.

Moments passed until realization stuck me like a tidal wave.

My pack.

Where it all started.

And where it would all end.

I didn't waste another moment as my legs started moving. My mind couldn't exactly remember where my pack was but I knew I had to be close because that's when his scent hit my nostrils. What felt like forever, I arrived to my destination.

My eyes watered at the destroyed land in front of me, rubble and dirt was the only thing left. No life.

I haven't been here and years but what Koda has told me this place used to be filled with life but now there was nothing left but utter destruction.

"Took you long enough." A familiar voice sneered.

"Sorry, I was trying to build up the suspense." My voice dripped with sarcasm.

Harou stood a few feet from me, with a evil smirk on his face.

"Welcome home."

//

Hold on to your phones! It's about to go down. 🔥

Thanks for all the love and support as there is only one chapter left until Aurora's journey comes to an end. 🌹

See you soon! 💕