Chapter 14

✧༺Aurora༻✧

I stare in complete shock at the man before me.

"I'm sorry...What?" He chuckles at my confused state and stands up.

"There is so much I must tell you but...Not here. Come." He grabs my hand causing Jaxon to let out a possessive growl.

"It's okay Jax." I assure him.

"Fine, but I'm coming too." I sigh in annoyance.

"Very well then." The man nods and leads me out the door, Jaxon and Zach following.

As we walk along the path I couldn't help but glance up every once in a while at the stranger. He looked very focused and determined to get to wherever it is we were going.

"So what's your name?" I ask.

"My name is Koda," He stops and turns to me,"It's a honor to be in your presence warrior Aurora." I smile.

"Thanks but I'm not a warrior."

"Well not yet but you have the mark of power and so do I." Koda pulls down his shirt some to show me the red mark on his chest. The only difference between mines and his is that his was in the shape of a flame.

"Woah."

"Yes, the symbol represents my ability to create fire."

"What?"

"Let me show you."

Koda takes a step back and aims his fist at a tree only to bring it back toward his body and form a fire ball.

"Holy shit." I hear Zach whisper.

"How did you do that?"

"Each chosen one has a skill that they must unlock. But to obtain this great power you must put a lot of effort into training, that is why I am here to help you."

"That's great! I finally have someone with experience to teach me since these two," I point to Jaxon and Zach, "Are no help at all."

"Hey!" They yell offended.

"It's true." I laugh.

"Hold the fuck up," Zach walks up to Koda, "You just shot fucking fireballs out of your hand," He points out,"Do I get a mark at any point?" Jaxon rolls his eyes.

"You have to be born with the mark in order to gain special abilities my friend." Koda places a hand on his shoulder.

"Fuck." He whispers.

"Let's keep going, the others are waiting for us." My eyes widen.

"There are more people like me and you?"

"Yes." I gasp in amazement.

"This is going to be so cool!"

"I love your enthusiasm warrior Aurora but it all might seem all fun and games although in reality it's hard work." Jaxon nods his head in agreement.

"I'm sure it is."

We all continue to walk through the woods until we reach some sort of treehouse that stood on a large platform, surrounded by a lake.

"What is this place?"

Koda stops walking and turns to me with a smirk.

"This is where your training will begin." He takes my hand and leads me through a door.

"About time you got back." Says a girl with blonde hair pulled back in a side ponytail.

"I'm sorry for my tardiness but I have found the last chosen one, her name is Aurora." I give the girl a shy wave.