Chapter 28

✧༺Aurora༻✧

The anger coursing through my veins is exhilarating. All the pent of hatred and frustration was directed towards this man, the man who took everything from me.

"Why looking so down? You'll finally be with your family once I put you in the ground right besides them." And with that he charges at me.

I quickly dodge him, causing his body to slide against the dirt.

"That was cute." He regains his stance.

Growling, I take my fist and land a punch on his jaw. Harou howls in pain by the sudden force.

"You're going to regret that little girl." Suddenly the sound of bones cracking startles me as he changes into his wolf.

Mileena claws at the back of my head but I ignore her. My wolf doesn't need to fight my battles for me, I'm the one who needs to end this.

I take a deep breath before letting my hands glow a dark red. Harou snarls at me although I don't move.

"Come at me you fucking coward!" I scream and that was all it took for him to run towards me. Once he was close enough I grab onto his fur and do a backflip, so now I was on top of him.

Loud whines filled the air as my hands burned through his fur into his flesh that was now sizzling. I tried to hold on tight but Harou was squirming back in forth, in a attempt to shake me off. Moments later I fall and hit the ground with a thud.

'I'm going to rip you into shreds.' He linked me.

"Give it your best shot, I am not afraid of you anymore." My eyes land on a broken tree branch on the ground.

"Wanna play fetch?" Quickly, I pick up the stick and throw it at his face.

He snarls while shaking his head.

I smirk knowing that I was pissing him off. Alas my small victory didn't last long because before I could even process what happened next a strong force landed on me.

His canines pierced into the side of my neck, causing me to let out a painful shriek.

'Don't let him win baby.' A voice that I have long to hear echoes inside my head.

'Jaxon?'

'Where the hell has this bitch been?' Mileena sneers.

Shut up.

'I believe in you Aurora, kill that son of a bitch.'

His words of encouragement lit a fire inside of me. I take a shallow breath and lifted my leg up, only to kick Harou in the stomach. His body flew a few feet away from me. I walk up to him and growl loudly.

"You took everything from me!"

Kick.

"My Mom!"

Kick.

"My people!"

Kick.

"And my sanity!"

At each word I land a kick to his stomach. The fucker tried to crawl away from be I was quick to grab him by the neck and hoist him into the air.

"You're a monster Harou," I feel my eyes radiate black,"And this is what I fucking do to monsters."

Snap.

The cracking sound of his neck boomed through the quiet atmosphere.

Smiling, I let his lifeless body fall to the ground.

It was over.

My body didn't know how to react or feel so I did the one thing that I could.

Cry.

I released a merciful sob.

These emotions have been spiraling out of control for months, they needed to be let out.

"Aurora?" I turn my head slightly around to see Jaxon making his way to me.

"Jax." I whisper.

"I'm so sorry baby." He takes me into his arms.

"W-Why weren't you here?"

"I-I just couldn't let you hurt yourself baby so I left but the Kiara linked me about your plan and I know that you couldn't go through with it alone so I came back but...It was too late and you were already gone."

"How did you find me?"

"I tracked your scent and besides," He took a shaky breath,"I would never forget this place especially after what happened."

"It's not your fault."

"Yes it is-

"N-No, it's his." I point at Harou's remains.

"That's my strong girl. I love you so much Aurora." He placed a kiss on my forehead.

"Are the others okay?"

"Yeah, all of Harou's warriors are dead and there are no casualties on our side.

"Good," I say sleepily,"That's good."

"Baby...Are you okay?" Worry was laced in his voice.

"Can you promise me something?"

It took him a few moments before finally answering.

"Anything."

I look up to the sky as I let the remainder of my tears fall before meeting his eyes.

"Don't let me go."

//

THE END

-

-

-

-

- Thank for a so much for coming along with me on this journey of self-discovery. It means the world to me that you enjoyed reading this story as much as I loved writing it. I'm not sure when I'll start a new book but it won't be long.

Until we meet again! 💕