Chapter 30

The training was gruelling, it was relentless and tiring. None stop, but you had no choice.

When you weren't training, you were usually relaxing, and over the time of being there you got close to Levi, finding it easier to talk to him and holding conversations.

Now, it was time to leave.

"Will you stop at the castle?" He asked.

"No, I'm going to head straight to the village."

Levi nodded, the pair of you setting off.

"Levi sir?"

"Tsk. What is it?"

"I want everyone to stay at the castle, I don't want anyone to be there, it'll put them at risk."

Levi said nothing in reply and you sighed a little, wondering if he was going to listen. It was him, so you knew he probably wouldn't, but you hope he did.

Neither of you spoke for the rest of the day, and you found yourself at the castle just as the sun begun to set.

You and Levi pulled your horses to a stop, you watched the sky for a moment before turning to your superior.

"Levi sir?"

"What?"

Smiling, you reached over and grabbed him by the collar, and before he could react you kissed his cheek and let him go, hands on your reins again.

"Thanks for everything, and helping me. I hope you stay safe and reclaim the walls."

With that, you raced off, not giving Levi a chance to speak back. He sat there in shock watching you rush away, a flurry of emotions inside him.

Levi quickly jumped from his horse, storming his way inside. He marched straight to Erwin's office and slammed the door open. A look of determination on his face, and Erwin knew he wasn't going to able to say no to whatever Levi was going to say.

"I know, I've already planned it."

Levi nodded, and stormed back to his office, you on his mind.

You raced day and night, not stopping for anything, and you found yourself at the village once more. This time all alone, the sunlight beaming down over you, but clouds covered it sometimes.

'Are you ready?'

"I was going to ask you the same thing." You laughed.

Sliding from your horse, your feet hit the ground and you begun to make your towards the village.

The closer you got, the more alert you became. You hadn't seen or heard anything from Ori, and you knew his was planning something.

Your foot stepped over the threshold of the village for the first time in years, and part of you felt a sense of home, the other felt a sense of dread.

'Be wary.'

"I am, don't worry, tell me if you sense anything."

'Of course.'

You nodded and carried on walking in, padding slowly down the streets to where the middle of the village was.

There, sat on the ruined fountain was Ori, a smirk plastered on his face when he sensed you, and he spun around to face you with bright yellow eyes.

"I assume you've made up your mind."

"Yeah, we have." You growled, both yours and Otis' voice resounding together.

Your body changes, guides appearing on your skin, eyes turning bright yellow just like the man before you.

"Oh this will be fun." Ori snickered.

He stood up, he smirked fading into a snarl and he lunged, and you lunged at the exact same time, fist raised in the air.

Unknown to the pair of you, the shear size of an army coming straight towards you both. The scouts in full gear and ready, led by Commander Erwin smith, as section commander Levi Ackerman