Chapter 21

You didn't understand, how could Levi have been the one to calm you down? He was the one that riled you up most of the time.

Sitting in the back of the wagon, you stayed silent. Both Levi and Erwin sat on the other side of the wagon in silence.

You closed you eyes, quickly entering your mind, heading straight to Otis.

"Did you know Levi was my anchor?"

"I had my suspicions. But no, I didn't know."

"How.. how can he be my anchor! That's impossible! What does it even mean!"

"It means, that when you lose control, no matter how far gone you are, he can always calm you down."

"I didn't think it would have been him, I thought maybe Erwin, he could always calm me down."

"Things happen, situations change. He may be able to calm the rational side of you, but Levi can calm the irrational side of you."

Groaning, you dropped on the floor and laid down. Staring upwards.

"That's a pile of crap."

Otis laughed and shook his head, watching you with amusement in his eyes.

"You really are an odd one. Many wouldn't dare come freely see their demon, yet here you are, as if we're friends."

You sat up, smiling warmly at him.

"Well, I'd say we are. You helped me even when you didn't have to, there was loads of times you could've broken free but you didn't. So we're friends!"

Otis went to reply but the calling of your name made you stand up.

"Got to go!"

With that, you quickly left leaving Otis standing therein shock, a small smile visible on his face.

You opened your eyes, looking for whoever called your name.

"What were you doing?" Erwin asked.

"Asking Otis a question."

"The demon?" You nodded.

"You're able to speak with him?"

"Yeah, any time I want. I don't know if it can work both ways though, I'm not sure if he can call me in there by will or if I have to willingly go there."

"Interesting. So, do you do that often?"

"To pass the time mainly, or ask for advice or a question if I'm not sure."

"And he answers, nothing in return?"

"Yeah, most of the time."

Erwin nodded his head, in order for them to help you, they needed to understand you. Which meant this also needed to know how this bond between you and Otis worked.

Levi watched you, he'd been listening to watch yo had said, having heard some of it before. He almost felt bad for you, Hanji would have so many experiments planned for you, he'd seen what they did to Eren, god knows what they'd do for you.

Yet, they would benifits not just them, but you as well.

"When we get back, I'd like for you and Levi to go straight to Hanji, we mustn't waste any time." Erwin spoke up.

"Fine." Levi said.

"Okay." You nodded.

Everyone would know now, you were scared to see your friends again. They'd probably be scared of you, maybe not Eren, but everyone else.

Tilting your head towards the floor, you felt a lot in your stomach as you dreaded the return to the base, the closer you got, the bigger the pit became.

"Do.. do you think they'll accept me...?" You asked quietly.

"If they're your friends, then they will without a doubt." Levi replied, "they might be scared of you at first."

You nodded, your just have to show them that you meant no harm, and that you were the same person they'd met before this whole ordeal