Chapter 8

You'd been sat outside for a while, Levi stood by your side.

The birds singing was the only sound around, even though it was early morning, not many people would be up, let alone walking around at this time.

While stood there, Levi decided he wanted to answer to a question that had been on his mind for something time.

"How do you know Erwin?" He asked.

You glanced at him, furrowing your brows a little. You didn't know why he was interested in that but shrugged to yourself.

"I was a kid when I met him. Maybe 8 or 9? He was sent to the town I was staying in, he saw me steal some bread and tried to confront me about it and I attacked him, but there something that made me stop. Everyone... they called me a monster.. they were scared of me... but he wasn't. He just laughed and spoke to me like i was a friend. I saw him a few times a year since then."

Levi nodded his head, you spoke as if Erwin was like family to you.

"That's why he can calm you so quickly, isn't it?"

"Yes, because he was the first person to show me human kindness. I'd never want to hurt Erwin... or anyone..."

Levi thought for a moment, maybe that was his next step into finding out about you, asking Erwin. If you'd know him for that long maybe Erwin knew what you were hiding.

Pushing himself from the fence, Levi started to walk away.

"My office after lunch brat. You still need your punishment for hitting me."

"Yes sir..."

Pouting, you crossed your arms and swung your legs as you huffed. You knew he was going to give you one sooner or later, you just wanted him to do it now so you knew what it was.

'He's curious about you.'

"How do you know?"

'He asked questions. Like the one he just asked, doesn't that prove he's curious? We both know he's not one to ask personal things.'

"You think he's up to something, don't you?"

'Possibly, tread carefully. You know what they'd do if they found out.'

You nodded to yourself, the demon was right. It was odd, and you had to be careful. If people found out what was hiding inside you they'd go mad.

The demon wasn't one to warn you about things, or help you, but it must be uneasy if it was warning you about Levi.

Climbing down from the fence, you slowly started making your way inside.

Levi was quick to head to Erwin's office, he knocked on the door before stepping in, knowing the man was up.

"What do you know about (L/N)?"

"Curious about her?"

Levi shook his head, crossing his arms across his chest with a scowl.

"No, she's hiding something and I want to know what."

Erwin chuckled and gestures to a chair for Levi to sit down which he did.

"I'm afraid I don't know much. She was from a small village, but the village was destroyed, no one knows how. She found her way into the town, everyone called her a monster and wanted her gone. But when asked why, they refused to speak. She's been in some bad places and I was asked to go there and see why they were scared of her, but I couldn't."

"What was the village called?"

"It was kahoma, right in the heart of wall Rose."

Levi nodded and stood up, leaving the room without another word.

kahoma, he'd heard of that village. The story was that it was destroyed by bandits, they burnt it down and killed everyone in it.

Levi wasn't sure if the story was true or not, but there was no other story about the village. It didn't really explain anything to him, why would you have so much anger over bandits? It was pointless.

Heading back to his office, he ran a hand down his face. As he found answers to one question, more questions popped up, it was like a never ending cycle.

Resting his chin on his hands, Levi glared at the door. He was going to find out whatever secret you were hiding from them, no matter what it took or how long he'd have to search