Nathaniel's POV

** ONE YEAR LATER **

"Come on kids we need to go. Mommy is waiting."

Noah, Niva, and a wobbly Molly raced down the hallway to the front door dressed in their Sunday's best. Everyone got in the car eager for their destination. 

The drive was a 45 minute drive but there was enough time to stop at the florist to pick out Shaye's favorite flowers...

The car ride was filled with happy chatter from the kids excited to see their Mommy.

Driving through the gates the car made a winding turn through the hills. The flowers were in full bloom. Once the car pulled to a stop, Niva screeched.

"Yay mommy!!"

Molly clapping happily while dribbling..

Noah got out and unstrapped the girls. Holding each of their hands with all his letters and pictures he had made for Shaye, we all made our way up the foot path to where Shaye waited for us..

We stood in front of her headstone. It was decorated with flowers and photos and memorabilia from everyone. This was when I missed her the most.

Noah sat down with his sisters talking to their mother about what they had been up to since their last visit. We spent the whole afternoon with her, laughing and reminiscing.

I stared at the photo frame that was placed in front of her headstone of me and Shaye in front of our tree with our initials we engraved on it. Her smile.. I closed my eyes inhaling.. For a moment I could smell her favorite perfume in the air.

"I'm trying to keep you proud of me baby. I miss you. We all miss you but we are ok baby. We stick together. Don't stop looking down on us babe. I love you my Life. Happy anniversary.."

The sun was beginning to set. It was time to go home. The kids kissed their mother goodbye and stood up to make our way back to the car. I turned as I always do to take a final glimpse at her grave site and the rays from the setting sun sit on her headstone. I smiled knowing we were going to be ok and still thankful for the life God gave me with Shaye.

"Forevermore babe"

We drove slowly out, Noah sticking his head out the window to wave bye to his Mommy. 

"See you soon mom. I love you"

"Beyond the stars!" Niva joined in

"Right up to the heavens where mommy waits for us...." Nathaniel whispered....

THE END.

**************************************************************************************************