Part 5

After the ceremony we headed back to the hotel for the reception.

White and purple everywhere. My favourite colours. The white back drop that enriched the purple detailing. He knew me so well it was like I planned this wedding myself. 

Nathaniel bear hugged me from behind and whispered in my ear.

'You can thank Ria for this, I couldn't have done it without her.' 

The smile on my face could not have gotten any bigger even if I tried. We were guided to our seats and then the performances began. They were so good. I wondered how on earth they had time to practice and keep it all hidden from me. And then my sister got up to do her maid of honor speech. 

"Where do I begin with you. I know you inside and out. You have the biggest heart but the most stubborn attitude. I guess that's why Nathaniel loves you so much. You have been there for me from Day 1 and I can always count on you. You my sis, has had your life turned upside down and yet you still stand strong. One thing after another and here you are. A married woman. I know Nathaniel will guard you with his life. I love you sis. Cheers to you and Nathaniel on your special day. I love you."

As the tears filled my eyes I winked at her for knowing not to embarrass me in front of everyone with any of my hectic stories. Because as much as I love Ria, her mouth had gotten her into trouble many times before. She knew what I was thinking and laughed. Before whispering 'the nights not over yet sis, still a lot of time for embarrassment.' I snarled at her remark before punching her arm. 

"Try me sis."

And then we both laughed. 

Nathaniel stood up and tapped on the glass.

"On behalf of me and my beautiful wife we would like to thank you all for coming to celebrate this new chapter in our lives."

He then turned and continued speaking. 

"January 8, you came into my life. It all started with a glance. That's all it took to get me hooked onto you. And then you touched me and all hell broke loose everywhere on my body. You touch me now and I still get weak in the knees. And today. We sealed our love for each other with a kiss. Now you & I are one. I love you baby always. And whatever happens, whatever the future holds, know that I will never leave your side."

Before he could finish speaking my lips had already made contact with his. How passionately I kissed him. I forgot that we were in front of friends and family. The cheering started and I snapped back into reality. 

The night went perfectly. I asked Ria to come to the bathroom with me as my dress wouldn't allow me to pee alone. 

As we are walking to the bathroom a stabbing pain hit the side of my stomach. I've had worse pain before so I shook it off not wanting to ruin the moment. Once in the bathroom Ria could not stop talking about how perfect the day was and how incredibly smooth it went. I smiled to hide the pain and then it all went dark ..

I woke to Ria splashing water on my face. 

"Sis are you ok? Wait here I'm going to get Nathaniel."

As she stood up I grabbed her arm. 

"Please sis. Don't tell anyone. Please especially not Nathaniel. I don't want to ruin this perfect day. I'm ok sis. It's just I haven't had a rest properly and I haven't eaten. Once I eat I'll be ok. Please Ria. If you love me you won't tell anyone."

"Sis you fainted and your pregnant. What happens if something happens to you? Please don't make me choose"

"Ria I'm asking you as my sister to please not ruin today. I'Il go doctors tomorrow ok. Promise first thing."

"Ok sis. But you need to promise you will let me know if you feel any pain ok?"

"Promise."

Ria helped me up and I fixed myself before heading back out to my party. The stabbing pain started coming back but I forced myself to endure the pain and put a smile on my face. My sickness will not ruin my day. I would not let it. I forced a smile and continued with the festivities. 

Pictures were taken left right and centre. People kissed me, hugged me and congratulated me. I wanted to be happy because everyone was happy but the pain grew stronger and stronger. 

I finally reached my table and sat down fake smile still showing. I looked for Nathaniel and noticed him laughing with his boys. He looked so happy, he turned to me and smiled before turning back to his boys. 

I searched the room for my kids and spotted them dancing with nana and papa. There laughs were like angelic noise to my ears. How could I be so blessed with everything I ever wanted. My Lord had definitely blessed me and I could not be more thankful. 

All of a sudden Nathaniel jumped into dance mode and grabbed me from the table. I half smiled and pushed the pain out of my mind and got up. 

We danced and he smiled. He kept whispering how much he loved me. 

The pain became unbearable. And I screamed grabbing hold of my stomach. Nathaniel grabbed me before I hit the ground. 

"Call the ambulance. Someone call the ambulance!" 

"I told you Shaye. You promised you'd tell me if you felt anymore pain"

"This happened before Ria. And you didn't tell me. Are you fu*king kidding me. What the f*ck Ria?"

"I'm sorry Nathaniel I promised her I wouldn't say anything."

I squealed in pain and cried for it to go away. Staring up at Nathaniel I grabbed his arm in urgency."

"Save our baby. No matter what"

"Shaye...."

"Promise me! No matter what happens you make sure they save our baby"

"I promise."

The sounds of the ambulance sirens sounded vague in my ears..

The tortuous pain was unbearable it was hard for me to breathe. I gripped my stomach in agony and could only let out a moan from the pain.

Voices were faint and indistinct but I could hear Nathaniel's voice which was filled with authority, demanding people to move out of his way. The jolting movement's were hurting me, I opened my eyes to see Nathaniel had me in his arms running. The look of terror on his face was the same one I saw at the court hearing. He looked down at me, tears welling up in his eyes.

"Don't you dare leave me damn it Shaye, baby just hold on!"

I closed my eyes again just as I felt my husband place me on the awaiting gurney. The soft sounds of No Mercy's When I Die played in the background. The irony of the lyrics were not lost to me as I finally let the darkness overtake me with the thoughts of my 3 kids on my mind.....